Develop the essential skills employers are looking for — communication, leadership, collaboration and more — by participating in co-curricular activities. Then track, reflect on and showcase those skills through your co-curricular record (CCR) — an official document that complements your academic transcript.
Your CCR will help you feel more prepared to talk about your skills and experiences both on your resumé and during interviews.
Get involved, get skills, get credit
You’re probably earning CCR credit already
If you volunteer on campus, belong to a club, tutor a classmate and lots more, log in to My Career Hub and make it official by adding it to your record.
- On the My Career Hub dashboard, select Co-Curricular from the side menu.
- Click Add a Position to my CCR and browse the registered activities. All activities must be added to your CCR by May 15 each academic year.
- If you don’t have a My Career Hub account already, click Student & Alumni Registration and register.
To be eligible for credit, activities must require a minimum 12-hour commitment. You must also demonstrate your personal and professional development by submitting a reflective questionnaire after the activity.
When you complete the CCR activity, your participation will need to be validated by a SAIT or Saitsa employee. In addition to the reflective questionnaire, you’ll need to select the competencies you gained through the activity from the following list:
- Social responsibility
- Spiritual awareness
- Intellectual growth
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Effective communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Appreciating diversity
- Health and wellness behaviour
Once you have chosen your competencies, follow the instructions to request final validation.
If you don’t see your activity, get it approved and add it
Looking for new opportunities?
Check out the list of approved CCR activities on My Career Hub and learn more about these SAIT programs:
- Peer Mentorship Program
- Student Leadership Program
- Student Volunteer Program
- Phi Theta Kappa Honour Society
- English Conversation Partners
Career Advancement Services
MB205, Stan Grad Centre