Library Digest September 2020
The Library Digest is published in the second half of each month and highlights what’s been happening and what’s coming up at your Library.
What’s Happening at your Library
- Register for a Library workshop – this October, we have sessions on Standards & Codes, APA Citation, IEEE Citation, and Research Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Learn more about Corrinna Meidinger in the September Staff Profile
- Ever wonder what’s under the hood? Learn about all the work that went into transitioning to a new library system in this month’s LibLights story.
- Miss the New Books feature? We’ve moved it online! Check out our New and Notable e-book titles, updated on a monthly basis.
- We have launched a Library FAQ – this page will be updated at least once a month with the most popular questions we get and new tip sheets/GIFs
- Miss us? Stay tuned for announcements on modified in-person services in the coming weeks.
Library Research Tips from the Pros – Reading Newspapers
Have you ever clicked a news article and it asks you to pay – or worse, disable your adblocker?
You don’t have to! The Library subscribes to Canadian and International newspapers that are available the same day of publication, including Globe and Mail, Calgary Herald, New York Times, The Guardian, and more. Past issues are available with dates varying depending on the publication.
You can also keyword search or browse current and past issues and create RSS feeds so you can stay up to date no matter where you are. Check out the Library FAQ for more details and links to some of the more popular publications
Featured Resource – PrepStep
PrepSTEP provides a comprehensive selection of academic and career-related resources for students. Brush up basic computer skills, prepare for your math and science tests, build workplace skills and learn about careers, and more.
PrepSTEP is available to all current students, faculty, and staff. Use your mySAIT credentials to login.