Celebrate Pride Week at SAIT
We’re proud to recognize the rainbow of identities that make up our students, employees and alumni #hereatSAIT.
Join us Feb. 8 to 12 for Pride Week, five days of virtual events celebrating SAIT’s LGBTQ2+ community.
Hosted by the Pride at SAIT Committee, Pride Week has something for everyone — baking, trivia, a party with a live DJ and even storytime featuring local drag artists! So grab your device, invite your friends and we’ll see you online!
Pride Week events
Share how you celebrate Pride Week at SAIT! Tag your photos with #hereatSAIT for a chance to be featured.
Watch The Half of It at this online movie night hosted by Saitsa. All you’ll need is a Netflix account, the Teleparty Chrome extension, and a bucket of popcorn. You’ll also have the chance to win an awesome gift card!
Visit the event page for more info.
Connect with Saitsa and fellow students to discuss LGBTQ2+ topics, play online games and more!
Visit the event page for more info.
Calgary Public Library and Calgary Pride have teamed up to present Reading with Royalty, where local drag artists will share their love of stories, songs, and sparkles with the Pride at SAIT community. This is a family-friendly online event — dressing up is highly encouraged!
Your friends from Saitsa can’t hand out rainbow hot chocolate this year but to make sure you still get your Cup of Pride, their Instagram account @saitsalife will share a Starbucks barcode redeemable for any beverage or food item on Thursday, Feb. 11. Be sure you're following @saitsalife and claim your item early before the maximum spending limit is reached!
Learn how to make rainbow M&M cookies with home baker and LGBTQ2+ advocate Lukas Valentine! If baking isn’t your jam, feel free to just watch and join in the conversation. The first 10 people to register will receive a gift card to pay for their ingredients (check out the recipe below to see what you’ll
Can’t make it to the live event? Here’s the recipe so you can still join in the fun:
Rainbow M&M Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups M&Ms (keep 1 cup aside for the top)
Mixing bowls, wooden spoon, whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer (not essential, but makes things easier)
- Wash your hands!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- On low speed, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of M&Ms (we'll use the other cup for the top).
- Scoop balls of dough about the size of a golf ball. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets leaving an inch or two for spreading.
- Bake for 10ish minutes, until the edges of the cookies are set but the center is still slightly underdone, this will create a soft cookie.
- Using the remaining M&M's, press 5 or so onto the top of each mound of dough.
Download a fun virtual background
Celebrate Pride Week with a rainbow background! Simply right-click and save your favourite image below to use as a virtual background in Zoom or Teams calls.
Making SAIT more inclusive, together
We're on a mission to ensure everyone at SAIT feels welcomed, valued and empowered to succeed. Our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Strategy will help get us there.
Commitment to Excellence
We prepare students for successful careers and lives.