SAIT Update | 01.13.2020
Get to know your library
Need help finding credible sources for your assignments? Are you lost when it comes to citations? Your library can help! Connect with a librarian, access resource guides, plus:
- borrow textbooks and required reading for all current SAIT courses
- check out free tutoring at the Math and Science Tutoring Hub: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- find a great place to study and book a study room
- book an appointment with a writing tutor: Tuesdays
- play a board games, borrow a phone charger, read something fun!
Cold weather in the forecast
It's going to be a very cold week in Calgary with highs in the minus 20s and lows in the minus 30s.
Stay safe out there and remember to:
- allow more time for your commute
- dress very warmly — multiple layers can help
- be careful on slippery ground — walk like a penguin.
❄️ Plus, here are 7 ways to win at winter from the #SAIT community.
SAIT Summer Camps registration opens Jan. 20
DYK? Thanks to a great group of sponsors, we’re able to offer financial support for our summer camps and year-round programming. Explore the bursary program and apply now.
Information required: SIN number
Effective the 2019 tax year, post-secondary institutions are now required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with the social insurance numbers from qualifying students for the T2202 Tuition Tax Credit. It will be used to prepare your student tax receipt.
All SAIT students received an email in December requesting the information and an additional request will be sent next week — watch your inbox.
Important dates and deadlines
- Friday, Jan. 17 Tuition payment deadline for continuing students (most full-time programs)
- Friday, Jan. 17 Add/drop period ends (most full-time programs)
- Wednesday, Jan. 29 Innovative Student Projects Fund application deadline
Find more important dates for the academic year.