Explore the emerging technologies of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) with DX Youth’s industry partner, Braintoy. Designed for students in Grades 7 - 9, this 90-minute workshop will introduce the basic concept of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) and explore how it is used in industry and within our everyday lives. Students will get hands-on with mlOS and build functional machine learning models that can recognize superheroes.
Please Note: Students will be required to have access to a computer to participate in the workshop. Teachers are encouraged to utilize a space with access to a projector, so students are able to follow the workshop while working on their individual devices.
Workshop objectives and outcomes
- Awareness of what artificial intelligence is and how we use it every day.
- Understanding the basic concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Building functional machine learning models.
- Enable a machine to accurately predict and recognize known objects.
- I can define "digital transformation".
- I can define “artificial intelligence and machine learning”.
- I can use automated machine learning (Auto ML).
- I understand where and how artificial intelligence could be applied.
- I am aware of career pathways in AI technology for the future.
- I can recognize data that could be used in building machine learning and artificial intelligence solution.