Dual-Credit Aircraft Systems
Designed for: students in grades 11 or 12
Length: 4 months
Aircraft Systems II explores the design, function, operation and maintenance of airframe systems from small to large aircraft. The foundation to operate and maintain various aircraft systems is provided.
Is this the right fit for me?
This program is the right fit for students in Grade 11 or 12 who:
- are interested in pursuing further post-secondary education or a career in aircraft maintenance;
- have an aptitude for math; and
- are comfortable independently completing online coursework.
Continuing to post-secondary
ASYS-340 is featured in SAIT’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology.
Students should be entering grade 11 or 12 in the same academic year as they begin ASYS-340.
In order to be successful in this SAIT program, students are recommended to be on track to successfully pass the following courses or equivalents with an overall average of at least 50%
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Pure Math 30 or Applied Math 30, and
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
There may be other pre-requisite or co-requisites required by the school board for admission into this dual-credit program. Check with your local school board for further information.
To qualify for graduation from SAIT, students must pass all courses, attain a CGPA of 2.0 or better and complete the course requirements within the prescribed timelines.
|Course code||Course name||SAIT credits||High school credits|
|ASYS-340||Aircraft Systems II||3.0||Up to 5.0|