Career Crates is a program that brings the Career Exploration Centre beyond the walls of SAIT's main campus and into the Jr. High School classroom.
SAIT is taking a careful and measured approach to the reopening of campus, and so Career Exploration Centre in-person programs are currently suspended.
Check back for program updates or email us if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do
At the Career Exploration Centre, we supply everything needed for a group — 12-16 students — to spend one-and-a-half hours with facilitators from SAIT. This highly interactive session has students engaging with 10 career activities through applied learning and is designed to assist Jr. High students with career awareness, gain tools to continue their career exploration and have the confidence to move forward with career plans.
In these interactive sessions, students will learn transferable skills, understand how their personal interests play an important role in exploring careers all while becoming more aware of the skills they excel at.
What you'll need
The ideal space for a group exploration is a common area within your school:
- 10 tables — not desks — for the activities
- a screen to project the presentation
- two chairs for each table
- space for a group discussion
How to apply
Teachers or group leaders interested in the Career Crates program can apply by downloading the application form, please review the following prior to submitting your application:
- A separate application should be submitted for each class and/or group — a maximum of 16 participants per Career Crates session
- Though applications are accepted ongoing throughout the year, teachers or group leaders who wish to start a new academic year with a career focus are encouraged to apply for earlier sessions
- Fill out the Career Crates application form and submit it to email@example.com.