Apply to Study Abroad
International Travel & COVID-19
SAIT follows the Government of Canada’s guidance regarding International Travel. In line with official Global Travel Advisories from Global Affairs Canada, SAIT has cancelled all Study Abroad programs aside from virtual exchanges until further notice. Federal and international travel restrictions are constantly monitored and updates to our programming will be communicated via this page and SAIT channels. Study Abroad programming is not expected to resume until the Winter 2022 semester; please contact the office to discuss possible options.
Step one: Check your eligibility
Each study abroad program has specific eligibility/application requirements. As a starting point, to participate in any program you must be:
- a full-time SAIT student
- 18 years of age or older
- in good academic standing with an acceptable GPA
- eligible to gain entry into the host country (note: students must determine their own entry eligibility).
Visit the Choose Your Program page for program-specific requirements.
If you're considering a program through SAIT's partnership with the Global Education Network (GEN), download the 2020 GEN Study Abroad Student Application Package:
Step two: Check your fit
Before you start your application, make sure study abroad is a good fit for your personal and career goals and that you have realistic expectations. Ask yourself:
- Are you interested in other cultures? Do you like meeting new people?
- Do you have empathy for others? Do you work well in a team?
- Are you adaptable? Resourceful? Can you manage uncertainty?
- Do you have the financial resources to support a trip?
Step three: Contact Study Abroad
Connect with the Study Abroad office to learn more about your study abroad options or to receive assistance with an application.