Apply to Study Abroad
With the health and safety of our students and employees top of mind, SAIT is following the Government of Alberta’s guidance specific to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please refer to the frequently asked questions at sait.ca/covid19 for the most up-to-date information about your studies, and for the latest details on SAIT's pandemic preparedness measures.
In response to COVID-19, SAIT has cancelled all Study Abroad programs until further notice. Affected students will be notified directly and SAIT will support the necessary cancellation arrangements. For queries relating to the program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step one: Check your eligibility
Each study abroad program has specific eligibility/application requirements. As a starting point, to participate in any program you must be:
- a full-time SAIT student
- 18 years of age or older
- in good academic standing with an acceptable GPA
- eligible to gain entry into the host country (note: students must determine their own entry eligibility).
Visit the Choose Your Program page for program-specific requirements.
If you're considering a program through SAIT's partnership with the Global Education Network (GEN), download the 2020 GEN Study Abroad Student Application Package:
Step two: Check your fit
Before you start your application, make sure study abroad is a good fit for your personal and career goals and that you have realistic expectations. Ask yourself:
- Are you interested in other cultures? Do you like meeting new people?
- Do you have empathy for others? Do you work well in a team?
- Are you adaptable? Resourceful? Can you manage uncertainty?
- Do you have the financial resources to support a trip?
Step three: Contact Study Abroad
Connect with the Study Abroad office to learn more about your study abroad options or to receive assistance with an application.