Apply to Study Abroad
Step one: Check your eligibility
Each study abroad program has specific eligibility/application requirements. As a starting point, to participate in any program you must be:
- a full-time SAIT student
- 18 years of age or older
- in good academic standing with an acceptable GPA
- eligible to gain entry into the host country (note: students must determine their own entry eligibility).
If you're considering a program through SAIT's partnership with the Global Education Network (GEN), download the GEN application package.
Visit the Choose Your Program page for program-specific requirements.
Step two: Check your fit
Before you start your application, make sure study abroad is a good fit for your personal and career goals and that you have realistic expectations. Ask yourself:
- Are you interested in other cultures? Do you like meeting new people?
- Do you have empathy for others? Do you work well in a team?
- Are you adaptable? Resourceful? Can you manage uncertainty?
- Do you have the financial resources to support a trip?
Step three: Check out an information session
Hear from students who have experienced study abroad and/or a study abroad expert. See the program from the inside out and learn how to get the most from a study abroad opportunity.
Need help? Contact Study Abroad
Connect with us if you have questions or require assistance with an application.