Laptops and Hardware
Laptop (e-Learning) program
Students in laptop (e-learning) programs are assigned a SAIT-issued laptop or device with the necessary software, files and applications needed for their studies. E-Learning students are required to use this as part of their program.
SAIT classrooms are outfitted with power, network plug-ins and/or WiFi for students to access online resources during class. Students will use their laptop or device to complete assignments, review course material or possibly complete exams. Details relating to course delivery are program-dependent, so it's best to consult with the applicable program administrators for specific information.
- Architectural Technologies
- Construction Project Management
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Engineering Design and Drafting Technology
- Film and Video Production
- Information Systems Security
- Information Technology
- Legal Assistant
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Radio, Television and Broadcast News
Picking up your laptop
Tuition or confirmation of a student loan must be confirmed, as well as a $400 refundable security deposit paid prior to pick-up. Please ensure you have your SAIT student ID card ready.
Hours of operation
Please note that laptop distribution is available beginning August 26, 2019, in G130, E.H. Crandell Building.
|Monday - Friday||9 am - 4 pm|
Technical support is available for general troubleshooting:
- access to SAIT's wireless network, storage and printing;
- assistance with some basic troubleshooting of anti-virus or hardware issues; and
- for resources such as Brightspace (D2L), mySAIT and much more.
The e-Learning team provides technical assistance and hardware support to students associated with e-Learning programs. This team manages, distributes and repairs e-Learning program-specific laptops, instructor workstations and lab images at SAIT.