Fall 2021 eCard update
The Card Office has moved! The Card Office is now located in the Heritage Hall Café, main floor, Heritage Hall.
📸 If you haven't already submitted a photo for your eCard, you can still save time and submit your photo online! Just set up your SAIT eAccount and upload your photo — instructions below.
👉 Remember, if you already have an eCard, you don’t need to get a new one.
The SAIT eCard is your official SAIT identification (ID) card and gives you access to facilities across campus, including the Wellness Centre, Reg Erhardt Library and more. You can also load funds onto your eCard to eat, shop and print on campus.
If you purchase a residence meal plan through the new Begin Tower Dining Centre, you’ll use your eCard to access the Dining Centre.
Plus, you’ll need your eCard for educational software discounts, to rent a locker and to write your final exams at SAIT.
eCard eligibility 💳
All current students and apprentices qualify for a SAIT eCard. Your tuition and feeds must be paid in full to get your eCard. If you’re a returning SAIT student and you already have an eCard, you don’t need a new one. You can continue to use your eCard as long as you’re registered in classes at SAIT.
Your eCard is non-transferable and will be subject to forfeiture if presented by anyone else.
Only your legal first and last name can be printed on your eCard, which must match your government-issued photo ID. No nicknames are allowed.
eCards for guests
eCards can be issued for guests as a non-photo eCommerce card that can be used at participating outlets on campus. Guest eCards are available from the Phil Station located across from the SAIT Bookstore. A minimum of $5 is required for the initial load.
Get your eCard
Starting at SAIT this fall? Continuing in your program and don’t have an eCard already? Save time — submit your photo online!
Eligible students will receive an email from Transact Online Photo Submission with a link and instructions. If you missed the email from Transact Online Photo Submission, you can also upload your photo through your SAIT eAccount.
Set up your SAIT eAccount:
- go to SAIT eAccounts
- click "Register"
- complete the form, entering all the information requested and using your SAIT email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) — your first and last name must match what's on file at SAIT, but you can choose your username and password
- click "Continue"
- check your SAIT email inbox for a verification email from email@example.com and follow the link
- verify your information via the web form to complete your registration
- "Customer number" is your nine-digit SAIT student ID number
- your email must be your SAIT email address
- Click "Personal Information"
- Click "Click to submit a new photo"
Note: If you have previously submitted a picture online you do not need to resubmit.
Your photo must:
- have been taken in the past six months
- be suitable for official identification (e.g. driver's licence or passport)
- have your face square to the camera, with shoulders showing
- show you looking directly at the camera lens
- be in colour
- be in JPEG or PNG format (a smartphone photo is fine)
- have space between the top of your head and the top of your photo.
Your photo must not:
- contain hats, sunglasses, or graduation caps
- have inappropriate expressions
- have anyone other than yourself visible
- be cropped too close (e.g. cutting off the top of your head)
- have any special effects or colouring – no filters
- have background elements (e.g. shadows, trees, open rooms)
- have glare on prescription glasses
If you’re studying on campus for Fall 2021 and you submit your photo online, you’ll learn more about getting your pre-printed card at orientation or from your school. Apprentices will collect their pre-printed cards from their school when they start classes.
Students in online programs or students who are unable to submit a photo online, can visit the Card Office during operating hours to get their photo taken and have their eCard printed.
Load money onto your eCard 💵
There are several ways to load money onto your eCard:
- visit the Card Office (debit, Visa, MasterCard accepted)
- use a Phil Station on campus — you’ll find a Phil Station across from the SAIT Bookstore and outside the Reg Erhardt Library (cash, Visa, MasterCard accepted)
- create a SAIT eAccount online — use a desktop computer to create your account (credit accepted)
- by downloading the Blackboard Transact Mobile eAccounts app on App Store or Google Play — you must create a SAIT eAccount first and save a payment method online at SAIT eAccounts before using the mobile app (credit accepted)
- convert 35,000 Aeroplan Miles for a $250 deposit on your card
- convert 62,500 TD points for a $250 deposit on your card
- convert CIBC points for a deposit on your card
Check your eCard balance
You can check your balance at a Phil Station, vendors across Campus and on your SAIT eAccount either online or through the Transact eAccounts app. If you need to reset your password, you can do so online through your SAIT eAccount or the app.
To dispute a transaction on your eCard, contact the Card Office within 14 days of the suspicious activity.
Guest/family member deposits
The information entered must be identical to your SAIT eCard:
- the email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org address
- the customer number is your nine-digit SAIT ID number
- use the "guest deposit" option when family members are adding money to your account.
Print using your SAIT eCard
You can use your eCard for printing on campus — from all print labs in classrooms and the Reg Erhardt Library.
If you’re eligible for a pre-paid printing account (Prt Cr) for your program, you will have access to your funds at the start of the semester. These Prt Cr funds can only be used in print labs and will not be valid at commercial merchant locations on campus. Once you have used all of your pre-paid printing funds, you can load money onto your eCard to access additional printing and make other purchases on campus.
Printing costs per page (one-sided):
- black and white: $0.10
- colour: $0.25
eCard policies and procedures
You can deactivate your card if it’s lost or stolen through your SAIT eAccount or via the mobile app 24/7. This will deactivate your SAIT eCard immediately. You can also report your eCard lost or stolen by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Lost my SAIT eCard". Your SAIT eCard will be put on hold the following business day.
You must still notify the Reg Erhardt Library, Wellness Centre and other applicable SAIT locations that your eCard is lost/stolen.
To replace your SAIT eCard, visit the Card Office with a piece of government-issued photo ID. Once you have purchased a replacement card, your old card will be permanently deactivated. If your SAIT eCard is found before you replace it, you cannot reactivate it by phone or email — you must visit the Card Office in person.
Due to security issues or possible fraudulent use, you cannot keep your old card if you have already replaced it. Damaged, stolen or lost SAIT eCards will be replaced for a fee of $25. The only exception is when a card needs to be upgraded or is older than four years. SAIT eCards that have malfunctioned will be evaluated and replaced free of charge.
Between terms, your account balance will automatically carry over and you may continue to use your SAIT eCard.
Refunds will only be made if your relationship with SAIT ends, such as when you graduate. Upon your email request to the Card Office, account balances greater than $100 will be refunded within 10 business days and sent to your address on file in the Office of the Registrar. Refunds will only be issued on user account deposits. Your account will then be deactivated by the Card Office. Reactivation will be allowed only after a replacement card fee is paid.
If your account has no activity for a period of two years it will be deactivated. Funds will be credited back to your SAIT eCard account in full if the deactivated account is reinstated at a later date.
All students are eligible to receive a SAIT eCard with their picture identification.
Your SAIT eCard serves as your identification (ID) and must be carried with you at all times while on SAIT campus. SAIT representatives may ask to see your SAIT eCard as a means of official identification.
Access to SAIT services will be subject to the policies of each department. Failure to comply with these policies may result in loss of privileges.
To dispute a transaction, contact the Card Office within 14 days of the suspicious activity.
See the SAIT eCard Cardholder Agreement
SAIT does not keep addresses or phone numbers within the SAIT eCard system.
SAIT will only use information collected for sales volumes and statistics.
SAIT is bound by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
Heritage Hall Café, main floor, Heritage Hall (temporary location)
Hours of operation
|Monday – Friday||8:30 am to 4 pm|
|Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays||Closed|