Students on a waitlist can request to have their application moved to a future intake for any SAIT program including their current waitlisted program within the same academic year. Our academic years run from July 1 to June 30 of the following calendar year. This means an applicant can transfer their waitlisted application for Fall 2021 to Winter or Spring 2022, but not Summer or Fall 2022. Students can only move their applications to a term currently open for admissions. This transfer will not occur automatically as students need to contact the Office of the Registrar to make this request.
Note: due to COVID, we will consider moving your waitlisted application from Winter or Spring 2021 to Fall 2021 even though this is a different academic year.
A deferral of admission is the option to move a confirmed seat in a specific program to a future term. Deferrals can only be granted under extenuating circumstances and will not be approved for students planning on attending another post-secondary institution. Review the criteria below to determine your eligibility for this option.
- You must have accepted an offer of admission to a specific program by paying the tuition deposit within the designated timeframe indicated on your offer letter.
- Your application status in mySAIT must be either confirmation paid or confirmation/documents required.
- The deadline to request a deferral depends on whether your program is blended or online. Review the Spring 2021 delivery modes to determine how your courses will be delivered
- Deadline for blended delivery programs in Spring 2021 is March 19.
- Deadline for online delivery programs in Spring 2021 is April 12.
- You are not eligible to defer your admission if you are currently registered in any classes that are part of your upcoming program.
You can request to defer to any term within the same academic year that is open for application. If you are confirmed to begin your program in Fall 2021 you may defer your seat to Winter 2022 as long as applications are open and you have not been deferred previously.
You may request one deferral per application. If you request to defer your Fall 2021 application to Winter 2022, you are unable to defer your seat a second time to Spring 2022. You will need to submit a new application. Once your application has been deferred you will not be able to transfer it back to the original intake. As every situation is different, please contact the Office of the Registrar with your request and include the reason you wish to defer. We will be able to discuss whether your request will be approved.
Your tuition deposit is non-refundable. If your request to defer your application is approved before the deadline the deposit will be held on your account and transferred to the later start automatically. Your tuition deposit cannot be refunded unless you meet the refund eligibility requirements.