Five ways to connect with us during COVID-19 closure
Due to COVID-19, the Library is currently operating at a reduced capacity. We are adapting our services to best serve you from a distance. We will continue to update our website ( www.sait.ca/library) with the most current information as it becomes available.
However, we want to remind you that the Library still has many of your research needs covered.
Here are five ways to help you communicate with us:
- Connect with us by asking a question or get research assistance with our Chat Reference service. It delivers immediate, interactive and knowledge-based reference assistance to help you with your projects, term papers and homework assignments. Students and staff can also contact their Library Liaison or book an appointment for additional research assistance and teaching support.
- Find and access e-Resources such as e-books, articles, standards, and streamed videos which are available almost anytime and anywhere.
- You need to use your SAIT ID# and Library PIN to access online resources from off-campus. You can request your Library PIN online or through our Chat Reference service as well.
- Get Help accessing tutorials and guides for research, writing and services. Use the RADAR guide to help you evaluate the quality, credibility, and relevance of any source of information. Our citation style guides for APA, IEEE, and Vancouver provide you with information about the citation styles used at SAIT and make sure your papers are well researched, formatted properly and help you avoid plagiarism.
- To check the status of your library account or to renew your library materials, go to My Library Account and select the option that you need.