10 Notable e-Resources of 2019
Our e-Resources provide access to thousands of books, magazine articles, images, and other digital sources of information from credible journalists, researchers, and experts in their field.
Here is a list of ten valuable e-Resources that have been recommended by subject specialists in the Library:
- Access Engineering is an award-winning resource that covers all aspects of engineering and contains curriculum maps, material properties analysis, and visualization.
- Anatomy.tv has the world’s most medically accurate and detailed 3D graphic rendering of the human anatomy based on imaging data. It is an excellent resource for students enrolled in SAIT’s Health and Public Safety programs.
- Art & Architecture Source is a full-text art research database that covers a broad range of subjects from fine, decorative, and commercial art to various areas of architecture and architectural design.
- Business Monitor International provides up to date international business intelligence as well as country risk and operational risk reports for the oil and gas, petrochemicals, power and infrastructure industry sectors.
- Britannica ImageQuest has a collection of almost 3 million images including pictures from the National Portrait Gallery of London, the National Geographic Society, Getty Images, and a Canadian Photo collection.
- Researchers can access and download Knovel’s full-text collection of science and engineering reference handbooks, technical resources, and conference proceedings.
- LinkedIn Learning’s platform enables professionals to learn something new or expand their existing skill set with expert-led video instruction. Free online tutorials on software such as Microsoft Office, plus courses in categories like business, career development, software, marketing, programming, design, photography, and more are available.
- Mitchell ProDemand is a premier online automotive repair resource heavily used by many of SAIT’s Automotive and Transportation technicians because it provides detailed procedures, parts lists, technical service bulletins, recalls and diagrams for the repair and maintenance information for a range of import and domestic vehicles dating back to 1974.
- PrepSTEP is an easy-to-use, interactive resource designed to meet the academic needs of college students and beyond. It is packed with self-guided skill review tutorials and eBooks, assessment quizzes, practice tests with automatic feedback, and test preparation resources.
- SAGE Research Methods is an essential online resource for anyone doing research or learning how to do research with tutorials, practice tests, articles, eBooks and high-stakes test preparation for self-guided skill building, career preparation, and workforce readiness.