Permitted Uses of e-Resources
The Reg Erhardt Library licenses many e-resources (article databases, datasheets, e-books and more) for use by the SAIT community, meaning:
- Currently enrolled students
- Currently employed staff and faculty
Use of Reg Erhardt Library e-resources is subject to the Canadian Copyright Act and to SAIT's Copyright of External Materials Policy AC.2.12 and Copyright of External Materials Procedure AC.2.12.1. Some e-resources may have additional terms or conditions set in the license signed between the vendor and the library.
Generally, you may:
- Print or download a copy of an article.
- Use licensed material for research, instruction or educational purposes.
- Share an article with a fellow member of the SAIT community.
- Post links to licensed material in D2L, an email or similar document for use by members of the SAIT Community.
Additional privileges or restrictions may be noted on individual e-resources.
For more information on copyright, particularly its impact on teaching and the development of SAIT-branded documents, see CITD's Copyright page or contact email@example.com. For information on using library e-resources for research and teaching connect with the library.
- Borrowing Materials
- Children in the Library
- Collection Development
- Community Room
- Courtesy Phone
- Contractor Privileges
- Distance Students
- Food and Drinks
- Instructional DVDs
- Interlibrary Loans
- Library Cards
- Noise in the Library
- Permitted Uses of e-Resources
- Study Rooms
- Use of Computers and Networks