If you need a book, article or another resource not available in our collections, our interlibrary loan service can meet your need by requesting that item from another library. This service is freely available to SAIT students, staff and faculty.
- Must be for your own personal use only. Reproductions of interlibrary loans or access sharing is not allowed
- You may have up to five books from other libraries requested or in use at any one time
- Renewals may be allowed at the discretion of the lending institution. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days prior to your due date to request a renewal. If your item says NO RENEWALS on the bookband wrapped around the book, renewals will not be allowed
- Items may be recalled at the discretion of the lending library
- Academic requests will be given priority
Return books to the Reg Erhardt Library Information Desk. You can keep article reproductions. Charges may apply for late, damaged or lost items.
If you want to borrow a book from a library in Calgary, The Alberta Library (TAL) Card is also available.
Interlibrary loans for libraries
SAIT's Reg Erhardt Library will copy or loan materials to other libraries. Requests must be made by library staff.
Generally, outgoing interlibrary loans are subject to the following terms:
- Loan period: 3 weeks for books
Renewals: on request
- Charges to for-profit libraries:
- Loans: $15 / item
- Photocopies: $15 first 20 pages, $1 / additional page
- Replacement: cost of item + $10 service charge
Charges to for-profit libraries are invoiced annually.
Interlibrary Loans - Reg Erhardt Library
Library symbol: ACSA
- Borrowing Materials
- Children in the Library
- Collection Development
- Community Room
- Courtesy Phone
- Contractor Privileges
- Distance Students
- Food and Drinks
- Instructional DVDs
- Interlibrary Loans
- Library Cards
- Noise in the Library
- Permitted Uses of e-Resources
- Study Rooms
- Use of Computers and Networks