Even if your classes are online, the Reg Erhardt Library is here to support you!
If you are studying remotely, you are entitled to the same library services as other students. You should be automatically registered with the Library on the day your course starts. Your library privileges expire on the last day of your current course.
Facing a challenging research topic? Have questions about citing resources for your project? Book a consultation to meet with a subject specialist. If you have a brief question, try out the Library's chat service for immediate assistance.
You can access library e-books, streaming videos, articles and other e-resources from home or wherever you study. You can use Library Search or select from a list of e-resources to find online resources for your assignments and projects.
You'll need to login with your Library Account to access these resources.
Not finding everything you need online? The Library can mail you many of the books in our collection free of charge, including return shipping.
Criteria for Distance Delivery
To receive items from the Library through distance delivery:
- You must be a current student at SAIT taking a class delivered remotely. This includes classes which are normally on-campus, but being delivered online due to COVID restrictions.
- The item(s) you want must be from from our circulating book collections (generally, those with a location of "Level-0" or "Fiction Collections").
- Your mailing address must be within Canada.
Note: if you live in or near Calgary, it may be faster request books for on-campus pick up, than to wait for it in the mail.
How it Works
To get books though the distance delivery service, you will:
- Find physical books you'd like to borrow on Library Search.
- Location must be "Level-0" or "Fiction Collections".
- Make note of the title, author and publication date (see image below).
- Email email@example.com and include:
- The title, author and publication date of the book(s) you're requesting.
- Your full name, mailing address and SAIT ID#.
Then, we will:
- Acknowledge your request, usually within 2 business days.
- Pull the requested items and sign them out to you for 4 weeks.
- Mail them to you with a return mailing slip.
- We only send mail out on weekdays, via Canada Post.
- We'll email you with a tracking number for your package.
Returns and Renewals
When you're done with a book or your due date arrives:
- Repackage the book(s) in the mailing box or envelope in which it arrived.
- Place the pre-paid return slip on the package.
- Make sure the label with your address is covered or clearly crossed out.
- Drop the book(s) off at any Canada Post mail box or retail outlet.
If you need the book for a bit longer, you can renew it yourself for 3 weeks. As long as no one else has requested the book, you should be able to renew it a few times before it has to come back to us.
Expect a book to stay on your library account for a week or more (depending on mail service) after you've sent it back to us.
Finally, we're not currently charging late fees for distance delivery books, but if your book is long overdue we may charge you the replacement cost.
- Borrowing Materials
- Children in the Library
- Collection Development
- Community Room
- Courtesy Phone
- Contractor Privileges
- Distance Students
- Food and Drinks
- Instructional DVDs
- Interlibrary Loans
- Library Cards
- Noise in the Library
- Permitted Uses of e-Resources
- Study Rooms
- Use of Computers and Networks