Reg Erhardt Library Policies
The Reg Erhardt Library's policies support safe, equitable and accessible services for the SAIT community.
Library patrons are expected to observe all SAIT rules and guidelines, as well as follow instructions from library staff or SAIT security. The Library Code of Conduct supplements, but does not replace, SAIT's Code of Conduct. Failure to comply with these Codes or library policies may result in loss of library privileges and/or expulsion from the library.
Reg Erhardt Library Code of Conduct
Library staff will:
- Treat all users with respect and courtesy.
- Provide friendly, efficient and expert service.
- Provide a safe and clean environment for shared use by everyone.
- Provide a variety of study spaces and equipment to meet the learning needs of patrons.
- Respond to patron concerns in a timely manner.
- Apply the Code of Conduct in an equitable manner.
Library users will:
- Treat other users and the library staff with respect and courtesy.
- Refrain from disruptive, offensive or inappropriate behaviour or language.
- Acknowledge that academic work has priority over personal work when using the library facility.
- Be responsible for personal belongings and keep personal items with them.
- Comply with posted food and drink policies within the library.
- Clear work space of garbage and recyclables before leaving the space.
- Leave the furniture, equipment and facilities in good condition for the next person’s use.
- Return borrowed materials on time and in the same condition as when they were borrowed.
- Keep noise to a minimum in the Level-0 Quiet Study area.
- Ensure that exits and aisles are not blocked so others can move around freely.
- Use the computers and wireless access in a manner that complies with the SAIT Computer Use Policy.