Student Innovation Award
Application deadline: April 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm
The Student Innovation Award recognizes students who have achieved a high standard of excellence on a project within their program of study. Student projects will have a chance to win up to $500 per each student within one group, up to a max $2500 award. For any winning group larger than 5 students they will divide the max award evenly between its members.
Criteria for selection
Awarded to a SAIT student or team that meets the following criteria:
- Full-time student(s) who will be graduating from either a diploma, certificate, degree or apprenticeship program between May 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022
- Completed a project that demonstrates creativity and/or innovative thinking
- The project addresses an existing industry problem and/or meets an unsolved need
- The project has potential for future commercial or social application
Submitting your application
- Find a SAIT staff member (i.e. faculty advisor, academic chair, ARIS researcher) that supports your application and confirms that you meet all selection criteria. The SAIT Staff Member will need to sign your application form.
- Fully fill out the application form with signatures from all students in the group and the SAIT staff member supporting the application.
- Create a 3 minute video showing how your project meets all the award criteria.
- Submit an electronic copy of your application form to SAIT.StudentProjects@sait.ca. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Academic Coordinator, Applied Research
Current students can discuss their application by booking an appointment.