Whether you are a budding videographer or a seasoned pro, our DSLR Video Production Certificate of Achievement will have something for you! Our professional instructors will guide you through everything that you will need to know to produce your very own high quality videos - From understanding frame rates and lighting to shooting your video and the final editing process.
Using tools like Non-Linear Editor and delivering hands on shooting instruction, you'll get the chance to set up your own lights, shoot real video, and go to post production. Our instructors will work with you in the classroom as well as out in real shooting situations. With most new cameras able to shoot in full high-definition video, SAIT can teach you how to get the most out of your equipment. You won't need a lot of high-cost gear to get started, so pick up your camera and register today!
Key points you'll cover:
- Difference in frame rates and how they can affect subject and timeline
- Video quality
- Controlling rolling shutter
- Proper use of filters
- Editing in Non-Linear Editor
- Theory and practice of audio
Students have up to five years to complete all of the required courses. For more information contact us at 403.284.8401.
- Any DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses
- 18-55, 24-70 or any standard lens
- Tripod with video head
- Small shot gun microphone
- Minimum 2 class 10 memory cards ( 90mb/s or 600x) with 32gb of space
- Minimum 2 batteries
- 50mm f1.8 (optional but recommended)
- Card Reader
- Single 36" reflector (white/sliver)
Careers: Wedding Cinematographer | Camera Operator | Technical Operations Specialist (video)
|COURSE NAME||COURSE CODE||OFFERED|
|DSLR Video 1||VDEO-101||Classroom|
|DSLR Video 2||VDEO-102||Classroom|
|DSLR Video Production||VDEO-107||Classroom|
|Digital Sound I||AUDI-205||Classroom|
|Location Sound Recording||AUDI-214||Classroom|
You will have five (5) years to complete this certificate of achievement (or certificate of completion).
School of Information and Communications Technologies