This program is eligible for Canada-Alberta Job Grant funding.
The Certified Chef de Cuisine program is administered for the Canadian Culinary Institute (CCI), an educational branch of the Canadian Culinary Federation (CCF). The Chef de Cuisine designation is the second highest level of accreditation for cooks in Canada and is designed for those currently working at Executive, Executive Sous and Sous Chef levels. To earn this designation you must first apply for and be accepted into the CCF. For additional questions please contact Chef Instructor Mikael Volke at 403.210.4230.
The 2018/19 offerings of these classes are as follows:
- Cost Controls: Feb. 20 - April 2, 2019
- Nutrition: Oct. 22 - Dec. 2, 2018 and Feb. 19 - April 1, 2019
- HR for Food Service Managers: Jan.7 - Feb. 17, 2019
- Menu Planning: currently under review
- Written Exam: Jan.3 - March 31, 2019
- Practical Exam: May 11, 2019
- Each online course costs $400. The written exam costs $275. The practical exam costs $600. Students are responsible for ordering the textbook listed in the course description.
Each online course costs $400. The written exam costs $275. The practical exam costs $600. Students are responsible for ordering the textbook listed in the course description.
|COURSE NAME||COURSE CODE||OFFERED|
|Human Resources for Food Service Managers||MGMT-415||Online|
|Black Box Practical Exam||FDPR-412||Classroom|
|Chef de Cuisine Written Exam||FDPR-165||Classroom|
*GST/HST applicable in provinces where relevant.