The Certified Chef de Cuisine program is administered for the Canadian Culinary Institute (CCI), an educational branch of the Canadian Culinary Federation (CCF). The Chef de Cuisine designation is the second highest level of accreditation for cooks in Canada and is designed for those currently working at Executive, Executive Sous and Sous Chef levels. To earn this designation you must first apply for and be accepted into the CCF.
For additional questions please contact Chef Instructor Mikael Volke at 403.210.4230.
2019/20 course offerings
- Menu Planning: Oct. 21 - Dec. 2, 2019 or Jan. 6 - Feb. 16, 2020
- Cost Controls: Sept. 9 - Oct. 20, 2019 or Jan. 6 - Feb. 16, 2020
- Nutrition: Oct. 21 - Dec. 2, 2019 or Feb. 18 - March 31, 2020
- HR for Food Service Managers: Sept. 9 - Oct. 20, 2019 or Feb. 18 - March 31, 2020
2019/20 exam offerings
- Written Exam: Jan. 2 - March 31, 2020
- Practical Exam: April 17 and May 8 - 9, 2020 (three days total)
- Online course - $400 each
- Written exam - $275
- Practical exam - $600
- Students are responsible for ordering the textbooks listed in the course description.
*GST/HST applicable in provinces where relevant.
This program is eligible for Canada-Alberta Job Grant funding.
|COURSE NAME||COURSE CODE||OFFERED|
|Human Resources for Food Service Managers||MGMT-415||Online|
|Black Box Practical Exam||FDPR-412||Classroom|
|Chef de Cuisine Written Exam||FDPR-165||Classroom|