A lesson in giving: Student projects aim to raise funds for Calgary-area charities
Students enrolled in SAIT’s Project Management course are transforming theory into philanthropy, commerce into community. And they’re inviting Calgarians to take part.
The School of Business — ranked #2 in Canada as CEOWORLD’s Best Business Schools In The World For 2022 — is holding fundraising events this month for a range of local charities handpicked by students. In its sixth year, this fundraising initiative aims to raise upwards of $20,000 — adding to the $140,000 raised through the duration of the project.
Students in the class are grouped together by interest and as a team, select a charity and plan the event. The project encourages students work together and form relationships with their charities.
Good times for a good cause
Whether you’d like to dab your way to bingo glory, dine in a cozy gin bar or perfect your swing at the batting cage, you can support student hands-on learning and local charities by participating in any of these events:
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 6 pm: Trolley 5 Restaurant and Brewery; Drinks, food and silent auction for GRIT (Get Ready for Inclusion Today)
- Thursday, Nov. 17 at 6 pm: Pinebrook Golf and Country Club; Variety Show for the Calgary Women’s Shelter
- Friday, Nov. 18 from 6 – 10 pm: Monster Mini Golf; Play mini-golf for Between Friends Calgary
- Saturday, Nov. 19 from 1 – 4 pm: Kirby Centre Calgary; Bingo for the Kirby Centre
- Saturday, Nov. 19 from 5 – 8 pm: Hose and Hound Pub; Silent auction, prizes and Santa photos for PALS (Pet Access League Society)
- Sunday, Nov. 20 from 6 – 9 pm: Absolute Baseball Calgary; Batting night for Kids Cancer Care
- Monday, Nov. 21 from 5 – 7 pm: Tops Pizza and Steakhouse; Music and bingo for the Canadian Mental Health Association
- Tuesday, Nov. 22 from 4 – 7 pm: The Mash Pub; Games for Education Matters
- Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 7 pm: The Derrick; Dinner for Kids Cancer Care
- Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 6 pm: Paradise Lanes Calgary; Bowling for KidSport Calgary
- Thursday, Nov. 24 from 6 – 9 pm: Crescent Heights Community Centre; Bingo for the Calgary Humane Society
- Saturday, Nov. 26 from 2 – 5 pm: Kirby Centre; Crafts for Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids
- Sunday, Nov. 27 from 12 – 5 pm: McLeod Public House; Auction with live music for Carya Society of Calgary