Your job hunt starts when you start at SAIT
Whether you're graduating soon or just started your program, it makes sense to start preparing for your job hunt while you're in school. There are things you can do throughout your program to set yourself up for success after graduation. Remember, depending on your program, you may have more or less time to check these off your list.
- Read job postings in your industry to find out what employers are looking for.
- Start building your LinkedIn profile and network.
- Look for opportunities to get involved and gain skills — sign up for a peer mentor.
- Start working on your resumé.
- Get on My Career Hub to access career workshop resources, templates and a job board.
- Connect with Career Advancement Services for pro tips on all things career.
- Have your resumé and cover letter reviewed — consultations are available in person or by email.
- Book a practice interview through Career Advancement Services.
- Keep your LinkedIn profile updated — our career advisors can teach you the best way to build your professional network and use LinkedIn to learn more about your chosen field. Find dates for Resume writing and LinkedIn Labs on My Career Hub.
- Update your resumé with any experience you've gained.
- Start practicing your networking skills — check out these tips and plug into virtual networking.
- Become active in your program's club and expand your reach into industry.
- Follow companies you're interested in on social media to familiarize yourself with their values — find ways to demonstrate those values in your school, work, volunteering and professional communications.
- Update your resumé again with all the experience and skills you've gained during your program.
- Reach out to the network you've established to let them know you're getting close to graduation — ask if they can refer you.
- Practice your interview skills.
- Continue to grow your network.
Skills for the Future
We prepare students for successful careers and lives.