Sculpt the perfect resume and get the job
Is the idea of writing a cover letter and resume a bit too spooky? Don’t get scared away! With a little help from SAIT’s Career Advancement Services, even Edward Scissorhands can put together a winning application package — and we all know he has a reputation for being a pretty pointed character.
Here are five tips to craft a scary (good) cover letter and resume.
- Don’t feel overwhelmed. Slice up your resume and work on one section at a time.
- Attend networking events to meet people in your chosen industry. These connections come in handy when it’s time to pass your resume along.
- Individualize your resume and show what gives you a cutting edge among the rest.
- Setup an appoint with Academic Coaching to sharpen your writing and research skills.
- Don’t cut corners. Learn new skills to include on your resume by getting involved. Join student clubs and participate in volunteer opportunities.