SAIT Update 06.27.2022
📚 9 tips to boost your study sessions
There's one thing you can always improve when you're a student — your study habits. Read these 9 tips from the pros at Academic Coaching to improve your study sessions, then see if there's anything in your routine to switch up.
📅 Temporary closures: Starbucks and Tim Hortons renovations
Temporary closures will begin Thursday, June 30 to allow for renovations at Starbucks in the Johnson-Cobbe Energy Centre and Tim Hortons in the Senator Burns building. Both locations are anticipated to reopen in September. Check out other food service options on campus.
☕ Psst! The newly renovated 4Nines Diner has a great latte.
🚗 Discounted parking rates
To help offset rising inflation costs impacting students and staff, SAIT is implementing select discounted parking rates effective Friday, July 1. These rates are available for a limited time only and are subject to change without notice.
- reduced daily rates and monthly passes in P1, P6 and P10
- $5 parking on evenings and weekends.
Monthly parking passes offer the best value. They are limited in quantity and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Save on daily parking with a value card — for every $150 loaded, receive $15 in free parking.
Review the Transit and Parking page for complete details.
🌈 Inclusion Talks | Everett Klippert's story: The history that led to the decriminalization of homosexuality in Canada
Join us today, Monday, June 27 at 2 pm for an informative and interactive online panel discussion with the SAIT community as we reflect on the short documentary, Gross Indecency: The Everett Klippert Story. Watch the 17-minute film ahead of time to get the most from this conversation.
Add to your schedule
📢 Important dates
- Canada Day - Institute closed | Friday, July 1
- Summer classes commence | Monday, July 4
- Self-registration opens for Fall 2022 | Tuesday, July 5
- Calgary Stampede Parade Day - Institute closed until 1 pm | Friday, July 8
- Withdrawal deadline | Friday, July 22
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Inclusion Talks 🎫 | Monday, June 27, 2 pm
- Grad Photos 🎫 | Monday, July 4, 8 am
- Supper Club by SAIT presents Canadian Cuisine 🎫 | Wednesday, July 6, 6 pm
- Grad Photos 🎫 | Monday, July 11, 8 am