SAIT Update 05.30.2022
💙 June is Men's Suicide Awareness Month
This is your call to action – it’s time to Buddy Up! In Canada, the suicide rate for men is three times that of women. Men have been socialized to be strong and, in many cases, have learned that showing emotion is a sign of weakness. The result? Men tend not to talk about things when life gets challenging. Many suicides could be prevented with a conversation that starts with a simple question: “Hey Buddy, how are you doing?”
If you or anyone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, know that support is available.
✨ Build your leadership skills
The Leadership Equity Access Development Success (LEADS) program is recruiting student leaders for the 2022-2023 terms. Participants will work in a leadership role on campus and learn how to be an effective and inclusive leader.
Learn more or apply! Applications close August 1.
📅 Join us for the next Inclusion Talks
Watch “Want to truly succeed? Lift others up while you climb” before the session, then join fellow students and SAIT employees for a virtual dialogue on leading through advocacy and empowerment.
Tuesday, May 31, 1 pm | Register now
📝 Deadline extended — anti-racism essay Demonstrate your understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion — and share ideas for a better way forward — for a chance to win $500. Contest closes Tuesday, May 31.
Add to your schedule
📢 Important dates
- Spring Convocation Ceremonies | June 14 – 16
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Integrating Quotes and Paraphrases 🎫 | Tuesday, May 31, noon
- Inclusion Talks: Lead Via Advocacy and Empowerment 🎫 | Tuesday, May 31, noon
- Take better notes 🎫 | Wednesday, June 1, noon
- Grad photos 🎫 | Monday, June 6, 10 am
- Buddy up event for men 🎫 | Monday, June 6, 11 am
- Basics of Plagiarism 🎫 | Tuesday, June 7, noon
- Improve your memory 🎫 | Wednesday, June 8, noon
- Student Awards tutorial 🎫 | Wednesday, June 8, 1 pm