SAIT Update 03.14.2022
Tag your Instagram posts with #HereAtSAIT for a chance to be featured.
Rock your midterm recovery seminar
Finish the semester off strong! Attend this week's Academic Success Seminar. You'll learn how to calculate course grades, track academic progress and boost your post-midterm confidence.
📅 Academic Success Seminar- Rock your Midterm Recovery
Wednesday, March 16 | 12 - 1 pm | Online
Student leadership: Calling all students (in 2nd semester or higher)!
The LEADS Student Leadership program is accepting applications in many areas for the 2022/23 academic year. Commitment is 3-5 hours per week and comes with lots of perks, including: Co-Curricular credit, hands-on leadership experience and free professional development opportunities! Applications before the end of the winter term are highly encouraged.
Available positions for the fall include:
- Pride student leader
- Study Abroad leader
- eGaming student leader
- Student Engagement leader
- events assistant
- Peer Mentorship team leader
- Interfaith student leader
- and more!
PTK Fireside Chat with Sara Land
Join us for the PTK College Project Fireside Chat Speaker Series brought to you by the Beta Sigma Tau Chapter at SAIT. SAIT alum Sara Land (BBA’19) will share her experience getting comfortable with being uncomfortable, which inspired a new outlook on how to navigate life as a student and a professional.
📅 PTK Fireside Chat
Thursday, March 24 | 6 pm
Building gender equity #HereAtSAIT
On International Women's Day, SAIT and Women in Trades and Technology (WITT) hosted an event celebrating the accomplishments of women in our communities and exploring ways to break gender bias.
⏪ Couldn’t attend? Watch the recording featuring a powerful conversation with bestselling author Elizabeth Lesser.
📅 Register for Inclusion Talks | What if women had been the storytellers too? on Tuesday, March 29.
✨ Learn about grassroot initiatives started by women for women #HereAtSAIT.
Special edition: Pride at Lunch
Join us for a special edition of Pride at Lunch with Cameron Habisreutinger (he/him) of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Cameron will be sharing his story of personal pain and joy and his work at the CRA related to the LGBTQ2+ community.
📅 Attend in-person in MC311 (until the seating room runs out) or register to attend online for Special Edition: Pride at Lunch on Thursday, March 24 at noon.
Networking opportunity — Calgary Black Chambers x School for Advanced Digital Technology
Learn about different careers in the tech industry at a joint social gathering with Calgary Black Chambers and the School for Advanced Digital Technology on Thursday, March 24. Hosted at the historic Odd Fellows building downtown, you're in for an evening of discussion, connection with students and professionals, and an introduction to the School for Advanced Digital Technology.
📅 Register for Calgary Black Chambers Social on Thursday, March 24.
Try these tips to catch more Zs
Sleep is crucial to wellness and productivity — it helps optimize energy levels, memory and learning ability. Sleep also helps improve mood and decrease stress.
Make sleep a priority — and your spring ahead a little less painful — with support from Student Development and Counselling.
📅 Sleep better workshop for National Sleep Day | Wednesday, March 18, noon
SAIT is a smoke-free campus
Smoking is not permitted on any SAIT campus.
We’re all connecting online more than ever — make sure you're doing it securely. From catching on to the red flags of phishing to staying ransomware free, increase your cyber security bandwidth with these tips.
World Water Day
Join SAIT’s Integrated Water Management program and the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology (CAWST) to celebrate World Water Day on Tuesday, March 22, 10 am – 3 pm. Learn from a variety of experts about water protection and conversation, Alberta's groundwater resources and the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Tell your friends about Open House!
If you know someone who could benefit from attending SAIT's Virtual Open House, pass this message along! They'll learn about SAIT's hands-on programs, hear from industry-trained instructors and discuss their future career possibilities with academic advisors.
T2202 form now available
Add to your schedule
Important dates 📢
- Self-registration opens for Spring and Summer 2022 | Tuesday, March 15
- Open House | Saturday, March 19
- Withdrawal deadline (15- week courses) | Friday, March 25
- Deadline to apply to graduate for Spring 2022 conferral | Thursday, March 31
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Saitsa Tax Program 🎫 | Monday, March 14, 4 pm
- Indigenous Media Speaker Series: Candice Ward 🎫 | Tuesday, March 15, 3 pm
- Wellness Wednesdays: Free Breakfasts 🎫 | Wednesday, March 16, 9 am
- Wellness Checks 🎫 | Wednesday, March 16, 11 am
- Wellness Wednesdays: Pet A Puppy 🎫 | Wednesday, March 16, 11 am
- Virtual Career Conversation: Interview Strategies 🎫 | Wednesday, March 16, 11:30 am
- Rock Your Midterm Recovery 🎫 | Wednesday, March 16, noon
- Pride at Lunch 🎫 | Thursday, March 17, 11 am
- What Works Career Speaker Series 🎫 | Thursday, March 17, noon
- Sleep Better 🎫 | Friday, March 18, noon
- Saitsa Student Nights- Calgary Flames Bundle Deal 🎫 | Friday, March 18, 7 pm
- Virtual Open House 🎫 | Saturday, March 19, 9 am
- World Water Day 2022 🎫 | Tuesday, March 22, 10 am
- Special Edition: Pride at Lunch 🎫 | Thursday, March 24, noon
Visit our events calendar.