SAIT Update 03.07.2022
Tag your Instagram posts with #HereAtSAIT for a chance to be featured.
Understanding your grades
Grades are a significant part of your student life — make sure you understand how they work. Learn more about the 4.0 grading system, calculating a weighted grade and academic probation.
What’s course withdrawal and why would you do it?
Course withdrawal is a way to make changes to your schedule after the add/drop deadline. Often, course withdrawal is a good option if you’re not achieving the grades you need to complete the course successfully. For Winter 2022 the withdrawal deadline is Friday, March 25.
Drop-in at the Dining Centre
Looking for a quick and healthy meal on the go? Grab a bite at the Begin Tower Dining Centre. Chef-inspired meals from Curated Catering powered by Hotel Arts are available on a drop-in basis throughout the day, seven days a week. Meal plans are also available.
Breakfast | 7 am – 9:30 am
Lunch | 11 am – 1:30 pm
Dinner | 4 pm – 7:30 pm
Grab & Go | 7 am – 9 pm
Check your wellness
Stop by 11 am - 1 pm and check your wellness with support from Student Development and Counselling.
📅 Wednesday, March 9 | Senator Burns building, main floor lunch/study area
📅 Thursday, March 10 | Aldred Centre, main floor lunch/study area
📅 Friday, March 11 | Johnson-Cobbe Energy Centre, main floor lunch/study area
📅 Wednesday, March 16 | Art Smith Aero Centre, main floor lunch/study area
Women empowering women
International Women's Day is Tuesday, March 8. If you registered for SAIT and WITT's International Women's Day Conference and Celebration, check your email for event information from Chime Live. Here are some other ways to celebrate:
- Learn about grassroot initiatives exploring support and opportunity for women inside and outside the classroom.
- Download a #BreakTheBias virtual background for Teams and Zoom.
Indigenous media speaker series
Telling Indigenous stories the right way takes time, respect and understanding. This three-part series looks to the past, present and future of covering Indigenous stories in the media and supports SAIT’s response towards Calls to Action 86 of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's final report. Everyone welcome.
📅 Past: John Lagimodiere, founder, Eagle Feather News
Wednesday, March 9 | 3 - 5 pm | Zoom
Calgary Black Chambers Scholarships
SAIT’s Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion has partnered with the Calgary Black Chambers to support pathways to success for Black students in the Calgary region. Scholarship opportunities are available for post-secondary students through the Calgary Black Chambers — apply by April 15.
World Water Day
Join SAIT’s Integrated Water Management program and the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology (CAWST) to celebrate World Water Day on Tuesday, March 22, 10 am – 3 pm. Learn from a variety of experts about water protection and conversation, Alberta's groundwater resources and the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Anthem singer auditions
🎤 We are looking for a student to sing “O Canada” at the SAIT convocation ceremony to be held in June 2022. If you can sing, have experience singing solos in front of large audiences and would like to audition we want to hear from you!
📅 Register for auditions by March 18.
Online systems outage | Sunday, March 13, 6 am – noon
Online systems will be undergoing maintenance on Sunday, March 13, 6 am – noon. Some systems will be unavailable, including:
- mySAIT self-service (mystudent), Brightspace, Apply Alberta, myTradesecrets, Ellucian Go and library functions that require sign-in
- Applications cannot be accepted at this time and registration will be unavailable.
- Payments cannot be accepted at this time for registrations and transcripts.
Tell your friends about Open House!
If you know someone who could benefit from attending SAIT's Virtual Open House, pass this message along! They'll learn about SAIT's hands-on programs, hear from industry-trained instructors and discuss their future career possibilities with academic advisors.
T2202 form now available
Add to your schedule
Important dates 📢
- Self-registration opens for Spring and Summer 2022 | Tuesday, March 15
- Open House | Saturday, March 19
- Withdrawal deadline (15- week courses) | Friday, March 25
- Deadline to apply to graduate for Spring 2022 conferral | Thursday, March 31
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Open Education Week | Monday, March 7, 8 am
- International Women's Day Conference & Celebration | Tuesday, March 8, 9 am
- Wellness Checks | Wednesday, March 9, 11 am
- Indigenous Media Series, Past: John Lagimodiere | Wednesday, March 9, 3 pm
- Pride at Lunch | Thursday, March 10, 11 am
- Wellness Checks | Thursday, March 10, 11 am
- Leading Beyond Any Title: How Leaders Resolve Conflict | Friday, March 11, 8 am
- Interfaith Interface: Luck of the Irish | Friday, March 11, 10 am
- Wellness Checks | Friday, March 11, 11 am
- Scholarships and Award Session | Friday, March 11, 2 pm
- Indigenous Media Speaker Series: Candice Ward | Tuesday, March 15, 3 pm
Visit our events calendar.