SAIT Update 11.08.2021
Mandatory Vaccination Protocol
Please familiarize yourself with SAIT’s Mandatory Vaccination Protocol.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2022, SAIT will require members of the SAIT community to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. On that date, rapid testing will no longer be accepted as an alternative to full vaccination, except as part of a previously-approved accommodation.
Paper copies no longer accepted at controlled entrances
Starting Monday, Nov. 15, paper copies or photos of proof of vaccination or rapid test results will no longer be accepted to access SAIT buildings. Proof of full vaccination status or a negative rapid test result must be uploaded into the SAITALERT app to gain access at controlled entrances.
To gain access to campus, you must use an approved SAITALERT QR code or the Alberta government QR code. Declaration of vaccination status through the SAITALERT app is mandatory for students and employees even if you’re using the Alberta government QR code to access campus buildings or events.
You must also have your SAIT or government-issued picture ID ready to show. Images or screenshots of your ID will not be accepted.
Note: If you don't have a smart phone, you must show a current printed copy of your COVID-19 vaccine QR code and government-issued or SAIT ID. Your QR code will be scanned to confirm your vaccination status.
Online systems outages – Nov. 19 to 21
Online systems will be undergoing maintenance Friday, Nov. 19 through Sunday, Nov. 21. Several systems will be temporarily unavailable, including mySAIT and Brightspace.
Protect yourself from COVID-19 fraud
The Government of Canada’s Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre has a website that tracks COVID-19 fraud. Be aware of reported scams to steal personal and/or financial information — many come from sources posing as government and public health agencies.
👉 Be careful with emails and text messages. Double-check the source’s website and reach out through a confirmed method.
Tell us about the bookstore
How do you turn one act of kindness into a thousand?
Creating a viable, sustainable social enterprise is a daunting task — but one that is well worth it.
Join celebrated entrepreneur Lourdes Juan as she tells her social venture story. Afterward, join moderated breakout rooms — connect to share your ideas, get feedback and accelerate your social venture ambitions.
Driving Impact with Social Ventures
📅 Thursday, Nov. 18, 7 – 8:30 pm
Join the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the largest honour society in higher education. Including alumni, SAIT’s chapter currently has more than 3,000 members.
A grade point average (GPA) of 3.7 or higher at the completion of four semester-length courses is required to be eligible for PTK. There is a one-time membership fee of $90, offering membership at the local, regional and international levels.
📄 Opportunity: VP of Marketing
📄 Opportunity: Honors in Action Volunteers
👉 Learn more: Phi Theta Kappa
Add to your upcoming schedule
- Fall convocation | Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Remembrance Day (SAIT closed) | Thursday, Nov. 11
- Withdrawal deadline ⏱ | Friday, Nov. 19
- Final exam week | Dec. 13 – 17
- Winter break (SAIT closed) | Dec. 25 – Jan. 2
- Apply to graduate deadline for Winter 2022 conferral | Friday, Dec. 31
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Fall 2021 Convocation 🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 9, 1 pm
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 9, 1 pm
- Bingo | Tuesday, Nov. 9, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Natural Light Workshop | Wednesday, Nov. 10, noon
- Rock your midterm recovery | Wednesday, Nov. 10, noon
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 10, 5 pm
- Harry Potter Trivia | Wednesday, Nov. 10, 5:30 – 7 pm
- How to Change the World (Workshops 1 and 2) 🎫 | Nov. 12 and 13, 9 am – 12:30 pm
- Virtual Career Conversation: Leveraging LinkedIn | Tuesday, Nov. 16, 11:30 am
- Financial Awareness Series – Post-Secondary Budget | Tuesday, Nov. 16, noon
- Financial Awareness Series – Protect Against Scams | Tuesday, Nov. 16, 4 pm
- Financial Awareness Series – DIY Investing | Wednesday, Nov. 17, noon
- Stress Less Workshop (part one) | Wednesday, Nov. 17, noon
- Stress Less Workshop (online) 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5 pm
- Dirty Bingo | Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Financial Awareness Series – Truth About Credit | Thursday, Nov. 18, noon
- Financial Awareness Series – Investment Journey | Thursday, Nov. 18, noon
- Driving Impact with Social Ventures Webinar 🎫 | Thursday, Nov. 18, 7 – 8:30 pm
- Wellness Warrior: Learning Lab 🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 23, 12:05 pm
- Stress Less Workshop (part two) | Wednesday, Nov. 24, noon
- Stress Less Workshop (online) 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 24, 5 pm
- Last Person Standing Trivia | Wednesday, Nov. 24, 5:30 pm
Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.