SAIT Update 09.08.2021
As we start Fall 2021, there's a lot to remember. Here's a rundown of some important things to know as you get set up this semester.
First, do your future self a favour and make it easy for updates to find you — do these three things now:
- follow @HereAtSAIT on Instagram
- add your SAIT email to your phone
- download SAITALERT
Next, we want you to know SAIT is committed to helping you maintain good mental health and has a variety of support is available through Student Development and Counselling. Services include:
- counselling (personal, career and educational)
- crisis support and resources
- self-help tools and resources
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us, we're here to help.
While you're on campus until further notice, you must wear a mask while inside SAIT buildings. In addition to wearing a mask and getting vaccinated, practicing good hygiene habits can protect you and those around you from spreading COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your face.
Remember, be kind and patient with others and yourself. Find regular updates about SAIT's response to COVID-19 at sait.ca/covid19.
👉 Need to get your vaccine? Walk in to get your COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday, Sept. 9 at Campus Centre.
Reminders for this semester
Exemptions for UPass and recreation fees
SAIT has introduced exemptions to allow eligible students the opportunity to opt out of UPass and campus recreation fees. To apply for an exemption for Fall 2021, students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the application form by Saturday, Sept. 18.
Are you planning to graduate this year?
You must apply to graduate to complete your program and receive your credential. When you’re in your last term and you expect to complete your program requirements, submit your application. If you expect to complete your program requirements by Dec. 31, 2021 then you need to submit your application by that date.
Plus a few things to do this week
🔒 Get a locker online if you need one.
📚 Buy your textbooks at the Bookstore.
🍔 Find food options available on campus.
🚆 Get the MyFare app for your UPass if you're eligible.
💯 Learn more about grades.
Connect with your community
Find your fit this fall and get involved at SAIT. There are a range of opportunities including one-on-one, drop-in, great spaces, fun and networking — you'll find something to try out.
Join the Student Content Team and build your Instagram skills.
Apply for peer mentorship by Friday, Sept. 10.
Read: 7 ways to get involved this year at SAIT
It's time to study!
Ramp up your study skills this semester with these study smart tips from Academic Coaching, then attend a workshop to put together your plan.
Activate your study skills 🎫 | Thursday, Sept. 9, 3 pm
Offices to know at SAIT
Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar is open to assist current and future students from initial inquiry through to graduation and employment.
- Service in person or online: admissions advising, registration advising (apprentice and credit students), course and program withdrawal (credit students)
- Service online only: transcripts, student loan advising, graduation and convocation inquiries, credential requests, payments, confirmation of enrolment, letters of completion, transfer options
The Card Office has moved!
Starting Tuesday, Sept. 7, the Card Office will be located in the Heritage Hall Café, main floor, Heritage Hall.
Save time and submit your eCard photo online! If you haven't already submitted a photo for your eCard, you can now upload your photo through your SAIT eAccount. Learn how to register for a SAIT eAccount and upload your photo.
👉 Remember, if you already have an eCard, you don’t need to get a new one.
New one-stop-shop for tech support
Need technical support? The Information Technology Service Desk is now accessible online through the ServiceNow self-service portal. Search the knowledge base for answers to commonly asked questions, get info on outages, ask a question or report a problem. Sign in with your SAIT email and password.
Why contact the Ombudsperson?
A new office at SAIT, the Ombudsperson can assist you in navigating official policies and processes. Meet with the Ombudsperson, Kamini Bernard, to discuss issues related to admission, academic and non-academic misconduct hearings and appeals, grade reviews and more.
🛎 Office of the Ombudsperson
Add to your upcoming schedule
There's a lot coming up for Fall 2021, here are some highlights to add to your calendar now, plus all the events on deck for September. Registration is needed for events with a 🎫, now's the time.
Important dates 📌
- Recognition of prior learning deadline ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 17
- Add/drop ends for most full-time programs ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 17
- Saitsa Health and Dental Benefits plan change deadline for programs starting September ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 24
- Thanksgiving Day (SAIT closed) | Monday, Oct. 11
- Fall 2021 conferral | Friday, Oct. 22
- Fall convocation | Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Remembrance Day (SAIT closed) | Thursday, Nov. 11
- Withdrawal deadline ⏱ | Friday, Nov. 19
- Final exam week | Dec. 13 – 17
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- What Works - Mentorship: What's in it for me? 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 8, 5 pm
- Activate your study skills 🎫 | Thursday, Sept. 9, 3 pm
- Vaccine clinic | Thursday, Sept. 9, 9 am – 3:30 pm
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 14, 1 pm
- Anti-procrastination for papers 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 14, 4 pm
- Coming together again workshop | Wednesday, Sept. 15, noon
- Master time management 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 15, noon
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 15, 5 pm
- Introduction to Back on Track (academic probation) | Thursday, Sept. 16, noon
- Coming together again workshop | Thursday, Sept. 16, 5 pm
- Improving sentence structure 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 21, 4 pm
- Get what you need from what you read 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 22, noon
- Coming together again workshop | Thursday, Sept. 23, 5 pm
- Introduction to Back on Track (academic probation) | Friday, Sept. 24, 1 pm
- Coherency and flow 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 28, 4 pm
- Take better notes 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 29, noon
Find all the upcoming events on the sait.ca event calendar.
A safe community is a vaccinated one. Do your part and get the vaccine. Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.