International Tuition Deposit Transfer
A one-time tuition deposit transfer is moving your $1,750 non-refundable deposit to any future open intake.
SAIT now offers a one-time transfer of your tuition deposit to any future open intake up to 2 weeks prior to the start of your program for both conditionally and unconditionally confirmed applicants.
Reasons you may want to request a tuition deposit transfer:
- Study permit delays or refusal — submit a request for Spring 2023 if you haven't received your permit by Monday, April 24.
- Require more time to meet admission requirements
- Illness or other personal circumstances
What is not eligible for a tuition deposit transfer:
- Applicants who have already transferred their deposit once will not qualify for a second transfer. This includes those who have been deferred from Fall 2022 or Winter 2023 under the previous deferral policy.
- Applicants who miss the tuition payment and course registration deadlines will have their applications cancelled and their seats revoked.
|Confirmed admission term||Deferral request deadline*|
|Confirmed for Spring 2023||April 24, 2023|
|Confirmed for Fall 2023||August 8, 2023|
|Confirmed for Winter 2024||December 13, 2023*|
*deadline for Winter 2024 requests is earlier to accommodate SAIT’s holiday closure.
If you wish to pursue a tuition deposit transfer, please complete the request form. Only requests submitted through the International Deposit Transfer Form will be considered.
After your request is reviewed, you will receive an email update. Please add the email address as a safe sender in your list of contacts: email@example.com.
Requests made after the deadline (within the 2 weeks leading up to the start of your program) will only be considered on a case-by-case basis when extenuating circumstances outside of your control affect the ability to start classes on the registered intake.
Compelling circumstances must be validated with official documentation and require approval from the International Centre. Examples include:
- court appearances
- significant extenuating personal circumstances
If your tuition deposit transfer is approved, you will receive an email with a coupon code for a free application to a future intake.
- An application can be made to any program in any open intake.
- If your program of choice is full and you are placed on a waitlist, you can request a waitlist transfer to a different program with seats available.
- A confirmed seat is contingent on meeting all admission requirements for the program of choice.
By cancelling your current application, your tuition deposit will not be refunded and will be forfeited. Please review SAIT’s refund policy.