- Enter your event Title.
- Select relevant start and end dates and times. If your event does not have an end date/time, or is an all-day event, select the relevant check boxes. Ensure the time zone is set to America/Edmonton.
- If your event is a single occurrence, or reoccurs at a different time and/or location, move on to step 4. You will need to submit additional events separately.
If your event reoccurs at the same time and location but on a different date, select the Repeats drop-down menu. Then, select the appropriate reoccurrence pattern — daily, weekly, monthly or custom. Then complete the appropriate fields.
- Select an Organizer. Browse the drop-down list to see if the relevant department or contact is listed. If so, select it. If the organizer is not listed, select Create a new one!
Add a contact name. A phone number, email address and web address should also be included if available.
Once you create a new organizer, they will be included in the drop-down menu for all event submissions going forward. Avoid individual names where possible.
- Select all relevant Categories and Tags. Categories and tags dictate which sait.ca pages an event will be displayed on.
Categories include primary sait.ca audiences as well as events that are common across all schools and departments, such as information sessions or important dates and deadlines.
Tags reference more specific pages within sait.ca, including program and department pages.
You must select a category for your event but a tag is not required.
- Select a Venue. Scan the drop-down menu to see if your venue is already listed (for events that take place in the atrium of a campus building, select the building name). If your venue is not listed, select Create a new one!
Enter the venue name. If listing a specific room, use the following format: Building name (room XX123). Enter the street address, city, province, country and postal code, if available.
Once you create a new venue, it will be included in the drop-down menu for all event submissions going forward.
- Under the Cost & Tickets field, select one of the following options:
a. "Don't display" any registration or cost information.
b. "No tickets" allows you to indicate if the event is free or if there is an associated cost.
c. "External tickets" allows you to indicate if the event is free or if there's an associated cost and include a registration/ticket link. If your event includes online registration, use this option.
- Enter your event Description in the word editor.
- Add a featured image to give your event more visibility in the calendar. Your image should be less than 1 MB in size.
- Review your event information before you Submit Event.