Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI)
- delivered two offerings of PERS 148: Introduction to Effective Intercultural Communication
- integrated Diversity Moments into institutional meetings
- signed the Okanagan Charter positioning SAIT as a health and well-being promoting campus
- founded the Black Employee Resource Group
What we're working on
- expanding training offerings: LGBT 101, unconscious bias, English as an Additional Language mentorship and duty to accommodate workshops
- offering awards to highlight equity, diversity and inclusion champions
- establishing a permanent, multipurpose EDI space
- adding a demographic survey to employee applicant tracking system
The unique experiences, perspectives and identities — both visible and invisible — that we all bring to campus as human beings.
Ensuring everyone has a fair chance to access, participate and succeed in all that SAIT has to offer.
The intentional process of creating a campus culture where all people are welcomed, respected and feel as though they belong.
The complex, cumulative way in which the effects of multiple forms of discrimination combine, overlap or intersect, especially in the experiences of marginalized individuals or groups.
Unearned access to social power based on membership in a dominant social group.