SAIT students and alumni compete on local, national and world stages.
From the classroom to the top of the podium, a SAIT education takes you places. SAIT students embark on the experience of a lifetime when they apply to compete in Skills. The provincial, national and world competitions are a test of determination and a celebration of excellence. Secondary and post-secondary competitors from across the country, and around the world, rigorously train for this unique opportunity to showcase their technical skills and prove themselves best in class.
WorldSkills: Kazan, Russia - August 22 - 27
Meet the team and find out more about the journey, their passions and their drive to succeed.
Skills Canada National Results
Thirteen SAIT students and their coaches headed to Halifax for the Skills Canada National Competition May 27 – 30. More than 500 high school and post-secondary competitors from across Canada vied for honours in more than 40 skilled trades and technologies categories.
SAIT took home seven medals, including two gold. Taylor Desjardins won the top prize in Cabinetmaking — securing himself a spot on Team Canada to compete in WorldSkills in Kazan, Russia, August 22 – 27.
Check back here to follow Taylor’s road to Russia!
Team SAIT results:
- Korae Nottveit, Culinary Arts: gold medal winner
- Peter Farrar, Aerospace Technology: bronze medal winner
- Carlo Tang, Automobile Technology: bronze medal winner
- Peter de Waal, Cabinet Making: bronze medal winner
- Scott Lonseth, Carpentry: bronze medal winner
- Jonathan Siblagan, Industrial Mechanic Millwright: bronze medal winner