Pre-employment programs give you the foundation to enter the workforce and become an apprentice.
Geared toward students interested in a trade who don't yet have knowledge or training in a field, the program offers all the same course materials as the apprenticeship program, but with additional hands-on skills and safety training.
After successfully completing the pre-employment program, you will be eligible to write the first-year apprenticeship exam for your trade.
SAIT offers the following pre-employment programs:
- Pre-Employment Automotive Service Technician
- Pre-Employment Cabinetmaker
- Pre-Employment Carpenter
- Pre-Employment Electrician
- Pre-Employment Ironworker
- Pre-Employment Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Pre-Employment Mobile Crane
- Pre-Employment Pipetrades
- Pre-Employment Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Pre-Employment Sheet Metal
- Pre-Employment Welding
Other full-time programs that provide a foundation for apprenticeship programs:
- Automotive Service Technology
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Diesel Equipment Technician
- Machinist Technician
- Professional Cooking
- Welding Technician
Contact the Office of the Registrar at 403.284.7248 for more information.