Apprenticeships and Trades
SAIT is renowned for providing a first-class education in a variety of trades. Classes combine the formal instruction and hands-on apprenticeship education needed, to start working towards becoming a qualified journeyperson in any one of more than 30 trades.
Whether you're a registered apprentice or looking to become one, we have the program for you.
Why choose SAIT for apprenticeship training?
Whether you're at SAIT for pre-apprenticeship training or are immersed in the apprenticeship system, SAIT is renowned for providing high-caliber trades education in more than 30 different trades. Classes combine formal classroom instruction with hands-on apprenticeship education in our state-of-the-art shops. The SAIT experience will train you to be ready for success by graduation, as you become a qualified journeyperson in your trade.
Our apprentice students experience success largely due to:
- our industry relationships, allowing opportunities in our pre-apprenticeship programs for job-shadowing, internships, and mentoring programs.
- three state-of-the-art campuses that include the tools and equipment needed to put learned skills into practice.
- a 1:13 instructor-to-student ratio in the shop with class sizes varying between 24-30 students in theory classrooms.
- student-first mentality means that mentoring, student support, and resources are readily available.
- our student-first mentality means that mentoring, student support, and resources are readily available.
- opportunities for students to participate in competitions like Skills Alberta (trade and technology) and culinary challenges around the world.
Being an apprentice at SAITCareer advancement services
Women in Trades and Technology
SAIT’s WITT Committee wants to encourage, promote and retain gender diversity and inclusion in the trade and technology industries and provide individuals with the tools and opportunities they need to meet their goals.Join now