Apprenticeships and Trades
SAIT is renowned for providing a first-class education in a variety of trades. Classes combine the formal instruction and hands-on technical training needed, to start working towards becoming a qualified journeyperson in any one of more than 30 trades.
Whether you're a registered apprentice or looking to become one, we have the program for you.
Earn a red, blue or gold seal certificate
by taking a trade program or course
offered at SAIT.
Why choose SAIT for apprenticeship training?
Whether you're at SAIT for pre-apprenticeship training or are immersed in the apprenticeship system, SAIT is renowned for providing high-caliber trades education in more than 30 different trades. Classes combine formal classroom instruction with hands-on technical training in our state-of-the-art shops. The SAIT experience will train you to be ready for success by graduation, as you become a qualified journeyperson in your trade.
Our apprentice students experience success largely due to:
- our industry relationships, allowing opportunities in our pre-apprenticeship programs for job-shadowing, internships, and mentoring programs.
- three state-of-the-art campuses that include the tools and equipment needed to put learned skills into practice.
- a 1:13 instructor-to-student ratio in the shop with class sizes varying between 24-30 students in theory classrooms.
- student-first mentality means that mentoring, student support, and resources are readily available.
- our student-first mentality means that mentoring, student support, and resources are readily available.
- opportunities for students to participate in competitions like Skills Alberta (trade and technology) and culinary challenges around the world.
Upcoming events you may be interested in
Sait.ca Website Feedback
Hello, we'd love to hear your feedback about our website...