Important notice regarding COVID-19: please read before registering for a program or class Details
On-campus payment not available
The cashier's office on SAIT campus is currently closed. Deposit and tuition fee payments are no longer accepted in-person or over the phone.
To make a payment, please use one of the below online methods.
In order to secure your seat at SAIT, you’ll need to make two payments:
- Tuition deposit (new students)
- Tuition fees
Your tuition deposit is required after you’ve received your offer of admission. The deposit will be applied to your account and will be used as a credit towards your first-semester tuition payment.
Your tuition deposit is due 30 days after your admission offer is made.
|Student||Tuition deposit rate|
|Canadian citizens, permanent residents and refugees||$750|
|Academic Upgrading students||N/A|
The tuition deposit is non-refundable.
Check tuition and fees to find more information about your tuition fees, including deadlines.
How to pay
SAIT accepts payment in one of four online methods:
- Pre-authorized debit (PADs)
- Credit card**
- PayMyTuition (for international students to pay in your home currency)
- CIBC International Student Pay
SAIT does not accept over-the-phone or in-person payments at this time.
** Beginning July 30, 2020 a 2.5% service fee will be charged on all credit card payments and a 1.5% service fee will be added to all Visa Debit and MasterCard Debit transactions. These service fees are non-refundable.
SAIT recently completed an upgrade to our payment systems. Students with a Canadian bank account can pay tuitions using our new pre-authorized debit system (PADs).
This system is similar to the old online banking system. There are no additional fees assessed when this payment system is used. Students can see the payment on their student account right away and there are no additional fees. It may take a few days to see the payment come out of the specified bank account, so we encourage you to monitor your bank account to ensure the payment does clear properly.
If you use PADS please ensure you leave sufficient funds in your bank account to cover these payments. SAIT will charge $30 if your PADs transaction is rejected by the bank due to insufficient funds.
To pay your deposit:
To pay your tuition fees:
For technical support making a payment with pre-authorized debit (PADs) or credit cards from Canadian financial institutions, email email@example.com.
If you do not have an account with a Canadian financial institution, you can pay your tuition deposit and fees using your own home currency with the PayMyTuition platform.
To pay your deposit:
To pay your tuition fees:
More about PayMyTuition
To make using the platform easier, we have translated instructions into the following 11 languages.
For technical support making a payment with PayMyTuition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An alternate method for international students to pay their deposit and tuition fees is to use the CIBC International Student Pay portal.
To send your fees
Pay using your student loans (for tuition fees only)
If you've applied online through Student Aid Alberta and are approved for a student loan before the tuition payment deadline, SAIT will electronically confirm your full-time enrolment and request that payment is sent directly from Student Aid Alberta. This means that your tuition payment deadline will be deferred until your loan disbursement date.
If your loan does not cover the entire amount owing for tuition and fees, then you're responsible for paying the difference on or before the tuition payment deadline.
Sponsored students are those for whom tuition and fees will be paid directly to SAIT by a department of the federal government of Canada, a department of the Province of Alberta, an Aboriginal band, or by a business or organization.
How do I get started?
- Meet with your sponsor to arrange sponsorship agreement details.
- Submit a SAIT application form with complete transcripts and the application fee. If the sponsor is paying for the application fee, a company letter indicating the billing address and/or a purchase order must also be included.
- Submit a sponsorship letter to the Office of the Registrar after you have been accepted into the program. The letter must confirm in writing the agreement for your sponsorship, the amount of tuition your sponsor will cover, and a contact number and billing address for your sponsor. A signed purchase order for services may be provided in lieu of a sponsorship letter. Do not include books and supply costs in the sponsorship letter — your sponsor should do this online. Note: The sponsorship will need to be renewed each term with a new sponsor letter or purchase order.
- Request that your sponsor completes the SAIT Bookstore's Sponsored Student form if they are covering the cost of your books and supplies. This is applicable if you are picking up your materials at the SAIT Bookstore.
Your sponsor will be invoiced in accordance with the conditions of the sponsorship agreement. Invoices are payable 30 days from the date of the invoice. Sponsor invoices not paid within the net 30-day term may be cancelled by SAIT and you'll be required to pay their outstanding fees or withdraw from your program.
Your sponsor may cancel their sponsorship via written notice 30 days prior to your course or program start date. Cancellations by either the sponsor or student are subject to the terms and conditions contained within SAIT’s administration policies, including cancellation fees.
A change in sponsorship resulting in a refund owing will be issued by cheque to the sponsor’s address on file.