On-campus payment not available
The cashier's office on SAIT campus is currently closed. Deposit and tuition fee payments are no longer accepted in-person or over the phone.
To make a payment, please use one of the below online methods.
In order to secure your seat at SAIT, you’ll need to make two payments:
- Tuition deposit (new students)
- Tuition fees
Your tuition deposit is required after you’ve received your offer of admission. The deposit will be applied to your account and will be used as a credit towards your first-semester tuition payment. The tuition deposit is non-refundable. It is important to pay the tuition deposit in advance of the deadline as we do not provide extensions for the standardized dates.
|Student||Tuition deposit rate|
|Canadian citizens, permanent residents and refugees||$750|
|Academic Upgrading students||N/A|
Check tuition and fees to find more information about your tuition fees, including deadlines.
Tuition deposit deadline
|Term||Offer letter date||Deposit due date|
|Fall 2021||Oct. 7 - Nov. 15, 2020||Dec. 15, 2021|
|Nov. 16 - Jan 15, 2021||Feb. 15, 2021|
|Jan. 16 - March 15, 2021||April 15, 2021|
|March 16 - May 15 2021||June 15 2021|
|May 16 - July 15 2021||July 20, 2021|
|After July 15 2021||Included in tuition|
|Winter 2022||March 31 - May 15, 2021||June 15, 2021|
|May 16 - July 15, 2021||Aug. 15, 2021|
|July 16 - Sept. 15, 2021||Oct. 15, 2021|
|Sept. 16 - Nov.1, 2021||Nov. 15, 2021|
|After Nov. 1, 2021||Included in tuition|
|Spring 2022||June 14 - July 15, 2021||Aug 15, 2021|
|July 16 - Sept 15, 2021||Oct. 15, 2021|
|Sept. 16 - Nov.15, 2021||Dec. 15, 2021|
|Nov. 16 - Jan. 15, 2022||Feb. 15, 2022|
|Jan. 16 - March 15, 2022||March 21, 2022|
|After March 16, 2022||Included in tuition|
How to pay
SAIT accepts payment in one of five online methods:
- Pre-authorized debit (PADs)
- Credit card**
- Online banking through your financial institution
- PayMyTuition (for international students to pay in your home currency)
- CIBC International Student Pay
SAIT does not accept over-the-phone or in-person payments at this time.
** Beginning July 30, 2020 a 2.5% service fee will be charged on all credit card payments and a 1.5% service fee will be added to all Visa Debit and MasterCard Debit transactions. These service fees are non-refundable.
SAIT recently completed an upgrade to our payment systems. Students with a Canadian bank account can pay tuitions using our new pre-authorized debit system (PADs).
This system is similar to the old online banking system. There are no additional fees assessed when this payment system is used. Students can see the payment on their student account right away and there are no additional fees. It may take a few days to see the payment come out of the specified bank account, so we encourage you to monitor your bank account to ensure the payment does clear properly.
If you use PADs, it may take up to ten business days for the payment to be processed by your bank. Please ensure you carefully check your account information and leave sufficient funds in your bank account until you see the payment withdrawn from your bank account. SAIT will charge $30 if your PADs transaction is rejected by the bank.
To pay your deposit:
To pay your tuition fees:
You can use your financial institution’s online banking portal to send your payment directly to SAIT. Payments made through this method can take three to five business days to be applied on your mySAIT account.
If you do not have an account with a Canadian financial institution, you can pay your tuition deposit and fees using your own home currency with the PayMyTuition platform.
To pay your deposit:
To pay your tuition fees:
More about PayMyTuition
To make using the platform easier, we have translated instructions into the following 11 languages.
An alternate method for international students to pay their deposit and tuition fees is to use the CIBC International Student Pay portal.
To send your fees
Pay using your student loans (for tuition fees only)
If you've applied online through Student Aid Alberta and are approved for a student loan before the tuition payment deadline, SAIT will electronically confirm your full-time enrolment and request that payment is sent directly from Student Aid Alberta. This means that your tuition payment deadline will be deferred until your loan disbursement date. It is recommended students who have applied for a student loan wait until SAIT confirms their loan before proceeding to pay their tuition and fees.
If your loan does not cover the entire amount owing for tuition and fees, then you're responsible for paying the difference on or before the tuition payment deadline.
Account Balance Statements
Your student account balance is available on mySAIT. The statement includes an overall account balance and selected account activity. This can be used for funding requirements, such as RESPs, study visa requirements and other documentation needs.
To access your statement:
- Log in to mySAIT
- Select the myStudent tab
- Select Account Statement On Demand under Finance Information
- Choose On Demand Statement, the button may take 3 to 5 seconds to appear
- Choose a term (if applicable)
- Print the statement using the print button
Sponsored students are those for whom tuition and fees will be paid directly to SAIT by a department of the federal government of Canada, a department of the Province of Alberta, an Aboriginal band, or by a business or organization.
How do I get started?
- Meet with your sponsor to arrange sponsorship agreement details.
- Submit a SAIT application form with complete transcripts and the application fee. If the sponsor is paying for the application fee, a company letter indicating the billing address and/or a purchase order must also be included.
- Submit a sponsorship letter to the Office of the Registrar after you have been accepted into the program. The letter must indicate the company would like to register as your sponsor, confirm in writing the terms for your sponsorship such as the amount of tuition your sponsor will cover, the semester (time period) covered, and a contact number and billing address. A signed purchase order for services may be provided in lieu of a sponsorship letter. Do not include books and supply costs in the sponsorship letter — your sponsor should do this online. Note: The sponsorship will need to be renewed each term with a new sponsor letter or purchase order.
- Request that your sponsor contact the SAIT Bookstore at T.Koslowski@follett.com if they are covering the cost of your books and supplies. This is applicable if you are picking up your materials at the SAIT Bookstore or if you are ordering online.
Your sponsor will be invoiced in accordance with the conditions of the sponsorship agreement. Invoices are payable 30 days from the date of the invoice. Sponsor invoices not paid within the net 30-day term may be cancelled by SAIT and you'll be required to pay their outstanding fees or withdraw from your program.
Your sponsor may cancel their sponsorship via written notice 30 days prior to your course or program start date. Cancellations by either the sponsor or student are subject to the terms and conditions contained within SAIT’s administration policies, including cancellation fees.
A change in sponsorship resulting in a refund owing will be issued by cheque to the sponsor’s address on file.