You will be placed on a waitlist if your application and proof of admission requirements are reviewed after your chosen program is full. We are unable to offer admission to you unless an accepted student cancels and a spot becomes available. Review your next steps below to understand your available options.
Your next steps
If you find yourself on a waitlist, all hope is not lost. You still have a few options regardless of your current waitlist status. Make sure to review the below information closely as each option has its own pros and cons.
- Contact us and request to transfer your application.
- You can transfer to any term currently open for applications and scheduled to begin within 12 months of your waitlisted intake.
- There is no cost to do this, but it will result in the cancellation of your current application.
- This does not guarantee a spot – if the program you choose is already full or there are more applications to review than available spots, you may be put on the waitlist again.
- To request an application transfer, submit a new inquiry and choose "Admission/Application Status" as the inquiry type.
- Submit a new application
- This will result in you remaining on the waitlist for your current choice and will consider you for the second program you apply for.
- You can apply for any program open for applications, regardless of term or academic year.
- If you are offered a spot in your second choice, you will remain on the waitlist for the first choice.
- This does not move you to the top of the list – we strongly suggest you apply early to avoid being placed on another waitlist.
- This requires a new application and payment of the appropriate application fee.
- Cancel your application
- This will remove you from the waitlist, and you will not be considered for any other programs you have not already applied for.
- This does not affect any current or future applications you submit.
- You can cancel your application through mySAIT.
The cost to apply for our programs is $120 for domestic students (Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or refugees) and $150 for international students. This is the cost for us to process an application and does not guarantee a spot in one of our programs. This is a non-refundable fee and will not be returned if you are placed on a waitlist or your application is declined.