Culinary Campus Classes
Downtown Culinary Campus
226, 230 8 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1B5
Located on the second floor of the Scotia Centre
Find your classroom
The room number for your class is listed on your confirmation email. If your room number starts with "YC," your class is at the downtown Culinary Campus (continue reading below).
*If your room number starts with "E" or "N" your class is at the SAIT Main Campus. If your room number starts with "YE" your class is at The Tastemarket.
Remember to add your class date and time to your calendar. Reminders will not be sent.
Culinary Campus access
- We are located in downtown Calgary at 226, 230 8 Ave SW (in the Scotia Centre).
- Please access the Culinary Campus through the west entrance on the second floor of the Scotia Centre mall (near the top of the escalators). All other entrances will be closed.
- Please arrive on time as the door will open 10 minutes prior to the class start time and will only remain open until 10 minutes past the class start time.
Getting to the downtown Culinary Campus
- Pay parking is available in the Core parkade located on 4th Street between 8th Avenue and 7th Avenue for $2 after 4 pm on weekdays and weekends.
- For other parking options, look at the Calgary Downtown Association's interactive parking map.
- The CTrain also stops outside the Scotia Centre (Centre Street station going West; 3rd street station going East).
What to wear
- closed toed, comfortable shoes
- clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- shirts with tight-fitting sleeves
- long pants
- tie back long hair
Important to note
- Classes are hands-on in our commercial kitchens and bakeries.
- You will be standing for the majority of your class.
- Please have a snack or meal before attending as the amount of food that you will taste and take home varies by class and instructor. With the exception of Date Night courses, meals are not served in class.
- Aprons and knives are provided for use in the class. You may also choose to bring your own knives.
- You are welcome to bring a water bottle to stay hydrated during class.
- Please bring cloth bags and Tupperware containers to take the food you've prepared home with you.
- Due to our type of liquor license, outside alcohol is not permitted.
Date Night classes
- Did you remember to register your date? Our registration system will only process individual registrations. You and your date must register separately with your own names (multiple registrations under the same name will not be processed).
- Please notify us at email@example.com immediately of any allergies.
- The menu will be emailed to you one week before class.
- You will spend two hours cooking and the last hour enjoying the meal you've prepared.
- We recommend you have a snack before attending as dinner will be served at approximately 8 pm.