Welcome to academic advising for the School of Business. Our dedicated team of advisors are here to assist you in achieving success in your program. Book an appointment for assistance with program and semester planning, academic standing or change of major program withdrawal
Ready to be part of the future School of Business graduating class? Prospective students are also welcome to meet with an advisor.
"I cannot thank you enough for your consistent support. Your office was always a caring environment and one where you made me feel as if you cared about what I had to say. You cared more about my strengths and abilities instead of just focusing on how you could erase my weaknesses. You were excited to hear what I had to say and always pointed me in the right direction."
- Jared Mah, BBA '20
Before you book an appointment
- Book ahead of time and put in as many details into your booking email as possible so that you can make the most out of your appointment.
- Famililiarize yourself with student roles and available resources
- Review academic policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with important dates and deadlines
We're on Zoom! Have a quick question? Connect with us from 1-3 pm Monday to Friday.
Role of a student
- Plan and prepare — know your program requirements, explore campus resources and review course delivery options.
- Update your program planner each semester to keep track of completed courses, complementary electives and practicums. To recieve a new copy of your program planner please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep track of important dates and deadlines each semester.
- Monitor your grades and academic progression.
- Check your SAIT email and mySAIT daily for campus announcements.
- Be an active and engaged learner - know what's going on at SAIT and take advantage of free resources such as study workshops and tutoring to help you succeed in your program.
Are you a recently accepted student? Visit your program page for next steps information including orientation dates, textbook lists and technology requirements.
Role of an academic advisor
- Support students on their academic journey from admission to graduation
- Offer guidance and assistance with,
- program and major requirements
- course registration, planning, timetabling and withdrawls
- requirements for graduation
- exam conflicts, challenge exams, supplemental exams and deferred exams
- intent to return
- Connect students to relevant campus resources
Virtual office hours
|Monday - Friday||8 am - 4:30|