Lead the way in product management through innovation and discovery.
This unique 10-week part-time Applied Product Management bootcamp program is designed to empower early to mid-career professionals to upskill or discover new career opportunities in an increasingly digital world. This program is perfect for individuals with a growth mindset looking to acquire skills in product discovery, vision and strategy, analytics, and leadership to build and launch innovative products.
Graduates of the program will come away with an understanding of how to use product management practices to be the bridge between the customer, business, and technology — becoming a product management leader.
In this immersive program, you will use design thinking, and work directly with a software development team to build a technical product that solves problems for a real client. We’ll also support you in building your network in business and product management to support your career growth. Join us and our experienced product management professionals as you evolve your skills to meet the growing demand for product managers in Alberta’s emerging technology-driven economy.
Powered by the DX Talent Hub, and delivered in partnership with Product Calgary, you will learn:
- Product discovery techniques
- User research techniques
- UX testing
- Product prototyping
- Product management tools (Trello, Jira, Aha!)
- Agile scoping and estimating techniques
- Release planning
- Success measurement
- Product analytics
- Market gap and opportunity identification
- Product leadership skills
- Vision and strategy creation
- Group facilitation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Building empowered teams
- Presentation skills
Statement of Completion
Graduates will receive a SAIT School for Advanced Digital Technology Statement of Completion.
The art challenges the technology, and the technology inspires the art
As with all DX Talent Hub programs, the Digital Transformation Bootcamp – Applied Product Management has been developed by working closely with industry and education partners. We are proud to deliver the program in partnership with Product Calgary.
About our partner:
Product Calgary is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate product management professional growth as well as building the professional community here in Calgary.
Through educational events and networking opportunities, we collaborate with other institutions to provide content, consulting and pathways to connect industry professionals with aspiring Product Managers.
Giving careers a reboot with the DX Talent Hub
With the ripple effects of an unstable energy sector and the onset of the COVID-economy, Silvia Contreras took the news of her recent layoff as an opportunity to reflect and plan the next steps in pivoting her career.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- An early to mid-career worker with some work experience
- Digitally literate, comfortable with technology
- No coding experience required
- No technology industry experience required
- Proof of English proficiency
You are open to:
- Change and learning
- Curious and enjoy solving complex or simple problems
- Comfortable working cross-functionally, and presenting information to many teams
- Interested in technology and working with software developers
Submit your application
We’re here to help you from the start! A DX Talent and Career Specialist will work with you to identify the right program and help you through the enrolment process. To begin, connect with us, and an advisor will contact you within the next business day.
Admission will be extended on a first-qualified, first-offered basis until the program is full.
The cost of Digital Transformation Bootcamp – Applied Product Management is $1,000, paid upon acceptance to the program.
This is a 10-week evening and weekend program:
- Project work times may vary, week to week and attendee to attendee.
- Alberta residents, and part-time, evening and weekend delivery. Students have to be available for the courses at their scheduled time.
- Awareness of potential roles and opportunities after completing this program and additional skills needed to pursue other complementary/specialized roles.
- Strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities.
- Resume writing, interviewing, and personal branding
- Creation of a personal portfolio of work demonstrating skills in program competencies.
- Networking (guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events, industry projects)
Together we'll explore
- We will work with you to help you understand your strengths and areas for growth.
- This program will be a combination of online instructor-led learning and self-directed learning.
- You will work on real industry projects and have exposure to a variety of experts working in applied product management
Your course facilitator will direct you to any materials needed to support your work through this course.