SAIT Update 12.20.2021
📷 @b.uttermoon 🧈 Short dough cookies with raspberry jam.
We made it with the creaming method and refrigerated for chilling. And then rolled it out 2-3mm thick, cut out the dough. Sandwiched tops and bottoms together filled the center with raspberry jam♥ If you want to try making Christmas cookies, it will be good for you! 😍
Tag your 📷 with #HereAtSAIT for a chance to be featured.
SAIT will be closed from Saturday, Dec. 25 to Sunday, Jan. 2. Enjoy your winter break and we'll see you in 2022!
⛄ Read: Six tips for merry mental health
🥂 Read: Holiday recipe roundup
🎇 Read: A look back at 2021 #HereAtSAIT
Update your UPass
A UPass gives eligible SAIT students unlimited access to Calgary Transit for the term it's valid. Your UPass can be accessed directly on your mobile device through Calgary Transit’s My Fare app. The Winter 2022 UPass will be valid for use starting Saturday, Jan. 1.
📱 Learn more and get started with My Fare.
Add to your SAIT experience — get involved
Level up your winter break
Get set for 2022
💬 Volunteer as an English Conversation Partner.
📷 Create content for Instagram with the Student Content Team.
🤝 Build confidence with the Peer Mentorship Program.
📄 Check out the open postings in the Student Leadership Program.
👉 Be a Wellness Warrior — read the guidelines and apply.
🎓 Join the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Multi-Factor Authentication rollout starts January 2022
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is rolling out to students and apprentices throughout the Winter 2022 term and will affect your access to Microsoft 365 – SAIT email, Teams, Office and more.
Learn more about MFA and what you can do to prepare.
Start the new year with new skills
Improve your intercultural understanding, strengthen communication skills and build greater self-awareness by signing up for PERS 148: Introduction to Effective Intercultural Communication. The best part? It's free!
👉 Claim your spot!
It's awards season
Vaccine requirement beginning Jan. 1
Beginning Jan. 1, 2022, all students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to access SAIT campuses or participate in SAIT-sanctioned activities. A negative COVID-19 test result will no longer be accepted in lieu of proof of vaccination unless there is a medical exemption or accommodation on protected grounds in place.
🔢 Looking at your grades? Check out understanding your grades.
Add to your upcoming schedule
- Winter break (SAIT closed) | Dec. 25 – Jan. 2
- Apply to graduate deadline for Winter 2022 conferral | Friday, Dec. 31
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
Events 📅 Get ready for your 2022 ✨
- Anti-procrastination for Papers 🎫 | Tuesday, Jan. 11, noon
- Pride at Lunch | Wednesday, Jan. 12, 11 am – 1 pm
- Activate your study skills 🎫 | Wednesday, Jan. 12, noon
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Wednesday, Jan. 12, 5 pm
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Thursday, Jan. 13, 1 pm
- Improving Sentence Structure 🎫 | Tuesday, Jan. 18, noon
- Pride at Lunch | Wednesday, Jan. 19, 11 am – 1 pm
- Master Time Management 🎫 | Wednesday, Jan. 19, noon
- Lunch and Listen: Amante Duo | Thursday, Jan. 20, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Coherency and Flow 🎫 | Tuesday, Jan. 25, noon
- Pride at Lunch | Wednesday, Jan. 26, 11 am – 1 pm
- Get what you need from what you read 🎫 | Wednesday, Jan. 26, noon