SAIT Update 10.05.2020
October is cybersecurity month
📱 5 tips to be secure on social
Level up your security on social media with these tips from SAIT expert George Chase.
- Use different passwords for different social media websites. Don’t use your work email for any social media site.
- Don’t give out personal information, like your birthday. If a website asks for your birthday to create an account, make something up instead.
- Some websites ask for your email before you can access content. Create an email address just for that purpose, and don’t use it for anything other than website registrations.
- Use your favourite search engine to search your name, email address and social media usernames to see what someone could find out about you with a basic search — you may be surprised.
- Be careful about the comments you leave on websites — you may respond impulsively and regret the tone or content of the message later.
Coming up in the calendar
Monday, Oct. 5, noon – 1 pm
BOD Election Meet & Greet
Tuesday, Oct. 6, 6 – 8 pm
APA at a glance
Wednesday, Oct. 7, 10 – 11 am
Wednesday, Oct. 7, noon or 3 pm
📅 Thanksgiving Day (SAIT closed)
Monday, Oct. 12
Find more important dates for 2020/21.
Check in with yourself and check out these resources
Support during times of uncertainty
👉 See contact info, self-help resources and 8 ideas for coping with isolation
💻 Find login, software and troubleshooting info
We've got you covered
👉 Services are still available + contact info
Take time out for mindfulness
⏳ Help improve memory and reduce negative emotions