9 simple ways to get involved
Meetup with classmates, make a new friend — there are countless options to get involved at SAIT. Volunteer, join a club, drop by a virtual event — count down all the ways you can connect with your SAIT community.
1) Student clubs — and an eGaming League
Check out Saitsa for info on a variety of program and special interest clubs. Join one or start your own!
- Check the current clubs list for regular updates.
- Find out how to register your club.
- 📅 Saitsa Clubs Expo | Tuesday, Feb. 2
Get together and play with SAIT's eGaming League. Games include:
- League of Legends
- Rocket League
2) Student Content Team
📷 Are you always taking photos or videos?
💪 Is your TikTok game strong?
✍️ Do you like to write and share stories about your experiences?
🎧 Do you create playlists for almost every scenario?
🤝 Are you passionate about building community?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions — we want to hear from you! Check out the Student Content Team, meet last year’s team members and apply! If you have any questions, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer with Saitsa.
- Check out positions with the Student Leadership Program.
- Plus, Career Advancement Services is all about helping you get hired. And, they have an online job board. Create your account and access job opportunities through My Career Hub.
4) For the record... your Co-Curricular Record
Your SAIT experience amounts to more than just grades — it's built on everything you do while you're a student. A Co-Curricular Record helps you track, reflect on and showcase the skills you gain outside the classroom. It looks great on your resumé — and it's a great way to get involved on campus.
Log in to My Career Hub for a list of current opportunities.
👉 Get help navigating your first year at SAIT and gain credit towards your CCR — sign up for a peer mentor.
5) Have your voice heard and win all year long!
Join the SAIT Insights Research Community for the chance to win prizes by providing opinions on various topics related to SAIT through short monthly surveys. Community members may also be invited to participate in photoshoots and focus groups.
Last year, members of the panel won over $5,000 in gift cards.
6) Stay up-to-date with everything happening at SAIT
Subscribe to the event calendar on sait.ca — filter the events for current students to see it all.
Watch your inbox for reminders of news, events and deadlines — Monday is the SAIT Update and Wednesday is the Saitsa Bulletin.
Check the Saitsa event calendar for virtual events each week including: Wellness Wednesday, bingo and the Pride Zoom Room.
7) Connect with us for inspiration
SAIT has a variety of service areas dedicated to your success, not sure where to start? Check out this list:
There are many ways to be active with your students' association, from running for student government to Student Grant Program funding to support professional development — see them all here.
9) SAIT Student Life Facebook group
Experience campus life online with the SAIT Student Life Facebook group. Learn about a variety of social and co-curricular activities while connecting with other SAIT students.