SAIT Update | 01.20.2020
Let’s make some noise! 🎉
Join us for the launch of the sixth annual Make Some Noise for Mental Health campaign with a mobile pep rally. All you need to do is show up ready to make some noise!
Meet at 11:45 am in the SAIT Gym, Campus Centre on Thursday, Jan. 23. We'll leave at noon to make our way around campus — and get loud — then make our way back to the gym by 12:45 pm.
Celebrate Lunar New Year
Ring in Lunar New Year at SAIT — Friday, Jan. 24, 1 – 3 pm, Irene Lewis Atrium, Stan Grad Centre. Welcome the zodiac animal of 2020 — the rat 🐀 — with a traditional lion dance performance, plus food and prizes.
Did you know?
- The zodiac, and its variations, is popular in many Asian countries and regions, including Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
- People perform lion dances to bring good fortune and chase away evil spirits.
- Lucky red envelopes — "hongbao" — are traditionally given to children and young adults as a gift during important festivals and celebrations in China and other Asian countries.
Traveling for technology
Mention Peru and thoughts turn to Macchu Picchu and the breathtaking Andes — a dream vacation for those who like to be off the grid. For a handful of SAIT Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) students, the trip was a chance to use their practical knowledge and skills to install solar power systems. Read the story.
📅 Attend a Study Abroad Info Session
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, noon – 12:45 pm, AA110, Heritage Hall
- Thursday, Jan. 30, noon – 12:45 pm, AA112, Heritage Hall
Think your idea could make you $5000?
If you have an idea you think can lower a business' carbon footprint — check out this Virtual Hackathon event. Registration closes Friday, Jan. 31.
Important dates and deadlines
- Wednesday, Jan. 29 Innovative Student Projects Fund application deadline
- Saturday, Feb. 8 Open House
- Monday, Feb. 17 Family Day (SAIT closed)
- Feb. 18 – 21 Reading Week (no classes with the exception of apprenticeship programs, unless otherwise stated)
Find more important dates for the academic year.