SAIT Update | 12.18.2019
Coping with social stress over the holidays
The holidays bring people together. It’s a time for family festivities, decadent dinners and friendly catch-ups.
But coming together doesn’t always come easily. Here are six stress-busting tips to put the fa-la-la back into festive events this December.
📝 PLUS: 3 ways to support diversity this holiday season — it’s more than saying, “Happy Holidays!”
Save the date for Career Fair 2020
Mark your calendars! Career Fair 2020 will be on Tuesday, Feb. 25 from 10 am to 2 pm. We'll be hosting 140+ employers eager to connect with SAIT students and alumni.
LinkedIn Learning playlist
Nothing left to watch on Netflix? Try something on LinkedIn Learning and get set for 2020 — it's easy to activate your account — here's a few of our top picks.
- Check out Rock Your LinkedIn Profile to get practical tips to boost your online presence and showcase your career aspirations.
- Learn about the OHIO principle, mini deadlines and writing with efficiency in Extreme Productivity (Blinkist Summary).
- Brush up on your Powerpoint skills in Designing a Presentation.
- Watch Creating Great First Impressions to wow your classmates in the new year.
When are final grades available?
Your instructor will enter your final grade within three business days of the course end date and you’ll be able to view it the day after it's entered. For example, if your course end date is Friday, Dec. 13, you’ll be able to see your final grade by Thursday, Dec. 19.
Online systems outage
Online systems, including mySAIT and Brightspace, will be unavailable Sunday, Dec. 22, 1 – 5 am. Details.
Important dates and deadlines
- 25 to Jan. 1 Winter break (SAIT is closed)
- Monday, Jan. 6 Winter classes commence
- Monday, Jan. 6 Add/drop period begins (most full-time programs)
- Friday, Jan. 17 Add/drop period ends (most full-time programs)
Find more important dates for the academic year.
Looking for things to do over the winter break? Try:
- Skating at Olympic Plaza
- Walking tours of downtown Calgary
- Check out a festive lights display
- Volunteer to serve a meal
⛄ PLUS: 7 ways to win at winter — tips on how to make winter awesome!