Unlock your LinkedIn profile potential
Get career ready with help from Career Advancement Services
Whether you're graduating soon or just started your program, it makes sense to prep for your job hunt while you're in school.
98% of companies use LinkedIn for recruiting. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, make one. When you do, make the most of it with these tips from Career Advancement Services.
- Use a professional photo — no props, group photos or selfies.
- Show your personality, yes, but language should be appropriate and formal.
- Complete your profile and keep it current.
- Be selective when adding contacts — LinkedIn isn’t Instagram, think about your network.
- Share and like professional content. Comment when you have something to add, and join groups and discussions.
- Tell the truth — don’t overstate.
- Use alumni pages to connect with people from SAIT and other post-secondary institutions you’ve attended. Find out what skills they’re highlighting for your industry and consider doing the same.
Level up with LinkedIn Learning
As a SAIT student, you have free access to thousands of online courses and tutorials led by industry experts through LinkedIn Learning.
Register for events and career advisor consultations, and find fantastic job search resources on My Career Hub.