Unlock your LinkedIn profile potential
Get career ready with help from Career Advancement Services
Whether you're graduating soon or just started your program, it makes sense to prep for your job hunt while you're in school.
98% of companies use LinkedIn for recruiting. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, make one. When you do, make the most of it with these tips from Career Advancement Services.
- Use a professional photo — no props, group photos or selfies.
- Show your personality, yes, but language should be appropriate and formal.
- Complete your profile and keep it current.
- Be selective when adding contacts — LinkedIn isn’t Instagram, think about your network.
- Share and like professional content. Comment when you have something to add, and join groups and discussions.
- Tell the truth — don’t overstate.
- Use alumni pages to connect with people from SAIT and other post-secondary institutions you’ve attended. Find out what skills they’re highlighting for your industry and consider doing the same.
Put a fresh face forward
Professional photo — check!
Drop by the LinkedIn Photoshoot, Friday, Oct. 18, 10 am – 2 pm, MB205, Stan Grad Centre. While you’re there, chat with a career advisor and get more tips on creating a great LinkedIn profile. Make sure you dress to impress.
Level up with LinkedIn Learning
As a SAIT student, you have free access to thousands of online courses and tutorials led by industry experts through LinkedIn Learning.
Activate your account and check out this special collection curated by Career Advancement Services: SAIT networking — Growing your network, creating your brand and selling yourself.
Other great career-focused events taking place this week
- Career Advancement Services Meet and Greet, Tuesday, Oct. 15, 10 am – 1 pm, MB205, Stan Grad Centre
- Resumé Writing and LinkedIn Drop-In Lab, Tuesday, Oct. 15, 4 – 6 pm, MC015, Stan Grad Centre
- Career Readiness Meetup Expo, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 10:30 am – noon, Irene Lewis Atrium, Stan Grad Centre
- Resumé Writing and LinkedIn Drop-In Lab, Thursday, Oct. 17, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, MC015, Stan Grad Centre
Register for events and career advisor consultations, and find fantastic job search resources on My Career Hub.