SAIT Update 07.05.2021
COVID-19 restrictions ease
Alberta entered Stage 3 of the Open for Summer plan on Thursday, July 1. All provincial public health measures have been lifted, except for:
- isolation/quarantine requirements
- some restrictions in health care settings, public transit, ride shares and taxis
Most of our COVID-19 protocols at SAIT are now suspended, but a select few are continuing in modified form.
What is continuing
- controlled building access with Safety Ambassador support
- completion of a simplified daily campus access form
- community health and hygiene habits, including frequent handwashing and respiratory etiquette
- COVID-19 contact tracing will continue as required
- hand disinfection stations and protective barriers
- cleaning and disinfection of common areas and high touch surfaces
What is suspended
Physical/social distancing no longer required.
- For those on campus, be mindful this change may be easier for some than others. Please respect those who may require extra space and time to adjust.
Masks are no longer required inside SAIT buildings.
- SAIT remains a controlled campus, with no public access to our buildings, so we're able to lift all masking requirements, except where required by specific programs.
- If you're at risk of more severe disease or negative health outcomes, consider wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing. If you would like to continue wearing a mask in SAIT buildings, you may choose to do so.
Be healthy, be safe and let’s continue to look after one another.
From mountains to forests to prairies — a SAIT grad's guide to keeping it local
Originally from Medicine Hat, Sydnee Bell is no stranger to Alberta’s beautiful landscapes and historical communities. The SAIT School of Hospitality and Tourism grad is combining her local knowledge and passion for travel to curate a list of places to check out this summer. So fill up your tank, type in your destination and start exploring!
2021/22 parking rates are now in effect
Parking on campus returned to pre-COVID operations on Thursday, July 1. 2021/22 parking rates will apply to monthly passes and daily/visitor parking. Parking pass pricing will increase by $5 from pre-pandemic rates. Daily parking rates will return to pre-pandemic pricing, with an increase only to the daily maximum in lot P3 ($14 to $15) and lot P5 ($18 to $20).
Add to your upcoming schedule
Important dates 📌
- Course registration opens for Fall 2021
- Calgary Stampede Parade Day (SAIT closed until 1 pm) | Friday, July 9
- Pride Zoom Room | Thursday, July 8, noon
- Talking Circle with Elder Kerrie Moore | Tuesday, July 13, noon
- Career Convos Lounge | Wednesday, July 21, 11:30 am
A safe community is a vaccinated one. Do your part and get the vaccine. Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.