SAIT Update 05.10.2021
📷 @amanda.marie.j: 👓 👁
Tag your photos with #HereAtSAIT for a chance to be featured.
Do your part. Get the vaccine
SAIT encourages its community members to “roll up and show up” to receive the COVID-19 vaccine when they become eligible. Vaccines are key to ensuring we can be together again and our communities and campuses remain safe. Stay informed by learning about vaccine effectiveness, safety and availability.
Sign up for a success seminar
Set yourself up for success this semester, register now for an academic success seminar (or a few!) happening each Wednesday. The first one is this Wednesday, May 12. All sessions are free for current SAIT students.
Topics in this series include:
- Activate your study skills
- Master time management
- Get what you need from what you read
- Take better notes
- Improve your memory
- Write exams like a pro
Try these tips to catch more Zs
Prioritizing sleep helps optimize your energy levels, memory, learning ability and productivity — not to mention improve your mood, decrease your stress levels and indirectly improve your people interactions by making you more 😃.
📖 Read: Rest for success
Connect on Instagram
Follow our new Instagram account dedicated to SAIT students. There’s A LOT this community has to offer and we want to make sure you’re always in the know. From ways to get involved to mental health resources and study tips — you’ll be able to find it all right here.
Add to your upcoming schedule
Important dates 📌
- Add/drop period ends for most full-time programs ⏱ | Friday, May 21
- Victoria Day (SAIT closed) | Monday, May 24
- Success seminar: Activate your study skills | Wednesday, May 12, noon
- Hollywood North 2.0 | Thursday, May 13, 11 am
- Study Abroad Information Session: Design Thinking | Thursday, May 13, 12:30 – 1 pm
- Virtual Talking Circle with Elder Kerrie Moore | Tuesday, May 18, noon
- Writing Workshop: Anti-procrastination for Papers | Tuesday, May 18, 4 pm
- Virtual Career Convos Lounge | Wednesday, May 19, 11:30 am
- Student Awards Tutorial | Thursday, May 20, 1 – 1:45 pm