SAIT Update 01.18.2021
Stop. Take five. Check your wellness
It's official. Today is the gloomiest day of the year, Blue Monday. That also makes right now a great time to check your wellness.
Thrive at SAIT — support included
There are resources, workshops and lots of well-being tips and tricks you can use to help you thrive while you're a student at SAIT. 🙂
Battle the blues with Make Some Noise for Mental Health — virtually this year
This award-winning, student-led initiative was created by the SAIT Trojans Outreach Program to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and promote mental health awareness on post-secondary campuses.
📅 Make Some Noise for Mental Health | Monday, Jan. 18 – Friday, Jan. 29
Join the conversation with #BellLetsTalk
Whether you’re helping a friend through a difficult time, or taking care of your own mental health, now more than ever, mental health matters — and every action counts.
📅 Bell Let's Talk Day | Thursday, Jan. 28
9 simple ways to get involved
- Looking for leadership and volunteer opportunities? Explore positions with Saitsa and the Student Leadership Program.
- Looking to gain skills outside the classroom that look great on your resumé? Check out My Career Hub for a list of co-curricular activities.
- Looking to experience campus life online? Join the SAIT Student Life Facebook group.
Understanding your grades
Grades are a significant part of your student life — make sure you understand how they work. Find out more about:
- the grading system
- how to calculate a weighted grade and try the grade calculator
- academic probation
- tips to stay on track with school
📖 Read: Understanding your grades.
Stop the spread of COVID-19
Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms every day — don’t come to campus if you have even minor symptoms, if you’re waiting for a COVID-19 test or if you're waiting for your COVID test results.
Remember to isolate or quarantine as necessary — it’s the law! Don’t stress about missing lab time or exams due to illness, we’ll work with you to make it up.
Online systems outages
- Some services will be unavailable between Tuesday, Jan. 26, 10:30 pm and Wednesday, Jan. 27, noon, including APAS (ApplyAlberta) and MTS (MyTradesecrets). Payments cannot be accepted at this time and registration will be unavailable.
- Some services will be unavailable between Saturday, Jan. 30, 8 am through Sunday, Jan. 31, noon, including mySAIT (myStudent), APAS (ApplyAlberta), MTS (myTradesecrets) and the Ellucian Go App.
Coming up in the calendar
- Virtual career conversation: Resumé writing | Tuesday, Jan. 19, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Virtual study lounge | Tuesday, Jan. 19, noon – 2 pm
- Communi-Tea | Tuesday, Jan. 19, 4 – 5 pm
- Writing workshop: Anti-procrastination for papers | Tuesday, Jan. 19, 4 – 5 pm
- Success seminar: Master time management | Wednesday, Jan. 20, noon – 1 pm and 3:30 – 5:30 pm
- Student Awards tutorial | Thursday, Jan. 21, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Add/Drop period for most full-time programs | Monday, Jan. 11 – Friday, Jan. 22
Find more important dates for 2020/21.