SAIT Update 11.30.2020
Get active with your studying
Ramp up your final exam study skills with these tips from the pros in Academic Coaching and get active with your studying!
- Review your learning objectives
- Prepare and organize your materials
- Test yourself
- Explain your answers out loud — and repeat
- Take breaks while studying
Plus, you don’t have to get together to study together — meet Casziel, a peer learning strategist, and check out the Virtual Study Lounge.
📅 Tune in to this week's Academic Success Seminar: Survive Final Exams on Wednesday, Dec. 2 to learn more about active studying.
Use your head, stop the spread
Do your part to keep classes on and COVID-19 away from campus — follow the guidelines and use your head, stop the spread.
Keep it up, keep us safe
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms every day — don’t come to campus if you have even minor symptoms.
- If you’re scheduled to be on campus, read and complete the Daily Campus Access Form — and be honest.
- If you’re waiting for your COVID-test results, you’ll need to have a negative test result before you can return to campus.
- Isolate or quarantine as necessary — it’s the law! Don’t stress about missing lab time or exams due to illness, we’ll work with you to make it up.
- Stay two metres apart — avoid crowds, limit close contact.
- Practice good hygiene — wash/sanitize your hands often, cover your cough/sneeze.
- Wear a mask — masks are required inside on campus, everywhere, every time.
There’s no shame in being sick — take pride in protecting your classmates, colleagues and our community.
Get festive with holiday themed Teams/Zoom backgrounds
December is just around the corner — literally. Join your classes and virtual meetups on Zoom and Teams with a festive SAIT background. Download your favourite.
Check your wellness with TAO
Therapist Assisted Online (TAO) is a collection of exercises, modules and personal wellness courses designed to help you manage your well-being. SAIT students have free, unlimited access to TAO self-help content.
When you sign up for TAO, you can access personal wellness courses online. Featured courses include: Managing times of uncertainty, Relaxation tips and tricks, and Worry less.
digiTALKS Unmanned and Ready to Go: The Future of Drones in Canada
A panel of SAIT researchers and instructors will explore the future of unmanned systems in the next digiTALKS event on Wednesday, Dec. 2, hosted by Jim Szautner, dean of SAIT’s School of Transportation, and School of Manufacturing and Automation.
📅 Wednesday, Dec. 2, noon | Register
Coming up in the calendar
📅 Virtual Study Lounge | Tuesday, Dec. 1, noon – 2 pm
📅 Mindful Moments | Tuesday, Dec. 1, 1 – 1:30 pm
📅 Student Communi-Tea | Tuesday, Dec. 1, 3 – 4 pm
📅 Success seminar: Survive final exams | Wednesday, Dec. 2, noon – 1 pm and 3 – 4 pm
📅 digiTALKS Series "Unmanned and Ready to Go: The Future of Drones in Canada" | Wednesday, Dec. 2, noon – 1 pm
📅 Finding Happiness | Wednesday, Dec. 2, 5 – 5:30 pm
📅 Final exam week | Dec. 14 – 18
Find more important dates for 2020/21.